Still room for mid tank grps even in catacombs?

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
On my US server It seems tank grp are a lot more fotm than I thought

We changing setup again to more tank oriented.

move pve xEEEEEEEEEE

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Not too bad that movie :>
Someone else using a 2h matter legendary axe .. thought I was the only one :>

Seems like h2h savages are completly out though ?

A

Aoln

Chimaira said:
On my US server It seems tank grp are a lot more fotm than I thought

We changing setup again to more tank oriented.

move pve xEEEEEEEEEE
Why dont you just play a non-fotm setup and choose your own?

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
considering the lack of set grps running atm a thane based grp could do well if played by skilled people, not as if your going to run into much in the way of set grps to fight back

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Tank groups are still good :)

Much better than a caster groups in an open battle

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Aoln said:

Because we lost out casters and im a tank person. since I played merc all those years? ,O

I would hardly call our grp fotm since we got a base grp of cleric cleric sorc then we sort rest with whatever we want rly cabas friars palas tanks.

I never said we changed setup due to fotm or not.

Fotm alb on us is zerg zerg zerg btw

Btw.. NON fotm grps usually dont work out. Like PE would of been that great with a shit setup.

we all know what Np fotm TOA did to PE SI fotm grp when they came pryd :m00:

delete

Can't get enough of FH
Elendar said:
considering the lack of set grps running atm a thane based grp could do well if played by skilled people, not as if your going to run into much in the way of set grps to fight back

exactly :(

Septina

Part of the furniture
Aoln said:

Fotm setup = strong in rvr
Being strong in rvr = winning
Winning = Fun

oke :D

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Seems like h2h savages are completly out though ?

no charge or banelord kinda closed the class.

they could maybe be useful as 'grapplebots', ie if meeting hibs have the savage run straight for warden, begging to be grappled, just so the better tanks can run free :m00: (no warden can resist)

still think a mixed setup is better in the long run though, every caster has 3 brittles stuck up his ass these days, a rr5 ra that negates melee, or in case of mids an intercepting pet - but survivability against zergs is definately better.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Elendar said:

Sad but true.

Thanes is uber fotms! thane grps 4tw.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Savages sucks now.. Zerkers so much better to have in group as light tanks / damage dealers due to ra's and ml options. My rr6 savage has been a mere PvE bot ever since NF launched.

I would love to see more thanes out though. Especially ml8 BM ones who, in my eyes, would offer alot more utillity than bg warriors and.. well yeah Savages.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
ST and mjollnir bombing grp 4tehwin!

Still don't really see many of the formerly gimped classes, which now make nice pretty nice, utility heavy bgers about (thanes, champs, friars). Guess no one cba with all the ToA to get em up and running. :(

Mael, 50th ment.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Champions look to be really good on paper in ToA and NF (eh, Krafiks?), what with Banelord (don't go BG if you can get BL, for God's sake!), ST and a lot of nice instas. Hardly see anyone out now since Jamies left. :(

Also note that Mid tank groups seem to be quite popular on Excalibur; it is not uncommon for some of the guild groups there to run with 2 Banelord zerkers and only 1 or 2 casters (BDs and Dark SMs, typically).

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Tank grps will never die, but they also wont perform as good as a hybrid. A good bodyguarder can stop most assist trains forcing them to split in 2. Which at low rr is not a option due to lack of dmg (and healers easily keeping up with healing).

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
xenia- said:
they could maybe be useful as 'grapplebots', ie if meeting hibs have the savage run straight for warden, begging to be grappled, just so the better tanks can run free :m00: (no warden can resist)

wtf would u grapple a warden? imho thats the most noobish thing u could do cause he can still do everything except interrupt... whereas letting the warden grapple u is a different matter.... i like to grapple zerkers and mercs and anything that tries to runnnnnnnnnnnn

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I skimmed over the movie and I think I saw Zerach in his new reincarnation on the US.

That dude slams Conquerer, Provoke on his keyboard; half the time you cant even see his damage because of 'You already have chosen your styles for this round' x 100. 2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 ad infinimum.

Can also easily see a H2H-savage would be much better here; half the time they chase someone and have no way to stun the bugger.

Editing and such was nice; with the split-camera thing (like Nick did once too) but I didnt watch it entirely on 100% speed; because it was basically slam the keyboard for the entire length of the movie :D

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Jupiter said:
wtf would u grapple a warden? imho thats the most noobish thing u could do cause he can still do everything except interrupt... whereas letting the warden grapple u is a different matter.... i like to grapple zerkers and mercs and anything that tries to runnnnnnnnnnnn
Q.E.D., well done Xenja! :D Jupiter just confirmed your theory! Now, Mr Grapplebot, go back and read Xenja's post again, the point (tongue in cheek, mind you) is that you use the Savage to lock down the Warden so that the remaining better tanks (Zerker) can run free. No Warden can resist a juicy H2H Savage, which you yourself so aptly just proved. :D

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Tank grps will never die, but they also wont perform as good as a hybrid. A good bodyguarder can stop most assist trains forcing them to split in 2. Which at low rr is not a option due to lack of dmg (and healers easily keeping up with healing).

All it takes is 1 good utility caster.. Light/mana eld, trispec cabbie, dunno what mids would choose, bl bd, dark/supp sm, or mebbe warlock?

Plus if you run 3x healer 1x shammy 2x bl zerk 1x bl bd/warlock 1x skald, enemy healers should not be healing at all :eek7:

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I skimmed over the movie and I think I saw Zerach in his new reincarnation on the US.

That dude slams Conquerer, Provoke on his keyboard; half the time you cant even see his damage because of 'You already have chosen your styles for this round' x 100. 2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 ad infinimum.

Can also easily see a H2H-savage would be much better here; half the time they chase someone and have no way to stun the bugger.

Editing and such was nice; with the split-camera thing (like Nick did once too) but I didnt watch it entirely on 100% speed; because it was basically slam the keyboard for the entire length of the movie :D
couldent agree more tbh cept for the zerach thingy xD :wub:

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Q.E.D., well done Xenja! :D Jupiter just confirmed your theory! Now, Mr Grapplebot, go back and read Xenja's post again, the point (tongue in cheek, mind you) is that you use the Savage to lock down the Warden so that the remaining better tanks (Zerker) can run free. No Warden can resist a juicy H2H Savage, which you yourself so aptly just proved. :D

yes noobhead, if u grapple a warden he can still heal/rez/bodyguard/cast wtf he likes (plus i'll bg our pbaoer who will wtfpn the savage)so ur not locking down the warden, in fact i would prefer if more people would grapple me 1 less job for me to do and i can concentrate on the others.... and i go for mercs/zerkers 1st as i already (the good ones, that is, who i already know) said numbnuts anymore brainless comments

btw Gamah i dont grapple everything

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupiter said:
yes noobhead, if u grapple a warden he can still heal/rez/bodyguard/cast wtf he likes (plus i'll bg our pbaoer who will wtfpn the savage)so ur not locking down the warden, in fact i would prefer if more people would grapple me 1 less job for me to do and i can concentrate on the others.... and i go for mercs/zerkers 1st as i already (the good ones, that is, who i already know) said numbnuts anymore brainless comments

btw Gamah i dont grapple everything

you still haven't read xenja's post ^^ further proving your grapple mania here
at no point does anyone mention grappleing a warden
and yes you do grapple anything and everything

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
you still haven't read xenja's post ^^ further proving your grapple mania here
at no point does anyone mention grappleing a warden
and yes you do grapple anything and everything

good one, i suppose those 3 deathspams i got on u monday nite was a result of me grappling you (and it wasnt twf either)... rofld

snarf

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter always seems to grapple our zerker... :) The zerker yells in vent grappled grappled grappled .. nuke Jupiter !!! Then Jupiter most often dies :)

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
snarf said:
Jupiter always seems to grapple our zerker... :) The zerker yells in vent grappled grappled grappled .. nuke Jupiter !!! Then Jupiter most often dies :)

true :) hard to find a good druid when u need a heal :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Jupiter said:
yes noobhead, if u grapple a warden he can still heal/rez/bodyguard/cast wtf he likes
LOL @ the grapplebot here; just hand him enough rope and he will hang himself, happily. :cool:

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
LOL @ the grapplebot here; just hand him enough rope and he will hang himself, happily. :cool:

Hahhaha i dont deny or have never denied that i dont grapple, i do happily. Some groups, as Snarf pointed out, can deal with it, others like yerself cant and whine. I will happily tie up any enemy tank thats trying to hit our casters either thru bg or grapple and wont be embarassed about it. Some groups have developed skills to counter this, maybe u shud get some tips :D qq more

ps, hell i'll even grapple somebody thats trying to run away grapple > root :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
For the last time, the spirit of Xenja's joke was that you would use the Savage as a bait that the enemy Warden could never resist but had to grapple (i.e. the Savage would not do anything). In the meantime, the better tanks (Zerkers) would run free. Get it? It's a joke, and a good-natured one. :rolleyes:

As for my group, we never had much problem with grapple, mainly because we don't run any tanks at all (well, except Xenja).

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
For the last time, the spirit of Xenja's joke was that you would use the Savage as a bait that the enemy Warden could never resist but had to grapple (i.e. the Savage would not do anything). In the meantime, the better tanks (Zerkers) would run free. Get it? It's a joke, and a good-natured one. :rolleyes:

As for my group, we never had much problem with grapple, mainly because we don't run any tanks at all (well, except Xenja).

and for the last time, i know the tanks (mercs/zerkers) to be looking out for in the gg's that are currently running, so for example if barusk (sp) or some other tank is facing me i will gladly pick barusk (sp) to grapple, not fucking rocket science ya know :twak: as would any grappler worth their salt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom