Question Stereo wake up.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Here's the wanted result;

At particular time in the morning, computer starts playing a certain mp3(or other file).

Wanted effect;

Classical music starts playing in the morning with computer hooked to stereo.

Means, programs, etc?

Thank you.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Winamp, with plugins like:

WinAmpSleepAlarm, sleep timer and alarm in one. Can crank up the volume on alarm if you use the sleep timer on a lower volume.

Winamp Alarmclock - An alarmclock for Winamp 2.x, sleep timer and alarmclock which can set each day seperately.

Note: I have not tried any of these alarmclocks, because I don't have my computer in my bedroom, but supposedly they work. I'd say try them first on a non-critical day though. You can never be too careful, especially if you have an important meeting at a particular day.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thanks a lot, reps all around. Should get my mornings into a more pleasent start.

Plan is, blue lights on a timer + classic music + right amount of water before bed.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
just run a batch file on your vomputer with an AT command on it.

Eg

at 07:30 /every:M,T,W,Th,F c:\classic.pls (where classic.pls is the playlist for your favourite classic radio station)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Plug iPod in stereo and set alarm? That's what I do

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Windows Scheduler can do this without the need for any 3rd party stuff. Of course 3rd party apps can make it easier/funkier on the interface side.

EDIT: Just saw Dark Orb's post

just run a batch file on your vomputer with an AT command on it.

Eg

at 07:30 /every:M,T,W,Th,F c:\classic.pls (where classic.pls is the playlist for your favourite classic radio station)

but you don't need to use the command line for it, just clicky clicky.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
what an expensive alarm clock.

and isnt running 24/7 kinda bad for the comp ion general ?

also think of the Rainforest Panda's!!!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
and isnt running 24/7 kinda bad for the comp ion general ?
!

Quite the opposite, switching PC's off actually shortens the lifespan mainly due to the heat/cold cycle which expands and then contracts some of the hardware components inside. Do that on a regular basis and eventually the PC will suffer a component failure of some sort. Some of my customers are running servers that have only been powered down a handful of times in the last decade, yet you will find dozens of thier desktop machines that get switched off every night die within 3-4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom