Stephen King's IT... remake

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No need for a remake though, again, the first one is perfectly fine.

And yes, it will be shit, or irrelevant. Like 99% of all remakes.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

They better get a legend to play Pennywise because Tim Curry is going to be hard to beat... he played Pennywise so well.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

+1, qft, this^, etc

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Tbh I do not think SK would sell out and allow a shit remake of one of his most awesome works. That said, who knows what change of heart a couple of big M's can bring?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Tbh I do not think SK would sell out and allow a shit remake of one of his most awesome works. That said, who knows what change of heart a couple of big M's can bring?

if he sold the rights to his films then its not his decision ?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Well if he's still on the payroll then he can influence things surely? I'm just playing devil's advocate though: I thought the original was ace and much as it pains me to say it, every time a film gets a remake it basically means there is fuck all original material out there, and that makes me sad.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
"It" is still one of the few movies / series that i just couldn't bare to watch. I don't like clowns and after watching less then ten minutes of the mini series I just stopped, turned it off and had nightmares of clowns and bathroom sinks. I still don't like clowns and gets uneasy in a dark bathroom in the middle of the night...
I'm staying as far away from this thing as i possibly can.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I wish they would make a decent TV series based on The Stand. A vision of an apocalyptic battle between good and bad would be great. I doubt they will improve on the original so a waste of time imo.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well if he's still on the payroll then he can influence things surely? I'm just playing devil's advocate though: I thought the original was ace and much as it pains me to say it, every time a film gets a remake it basically means there is fuck all original material out there, and that makes me sad.
There is tonnes of material just nobody with the balls to produce it. For example I've been watching Lilyhammer and Continuum which are both brilliant shows that'll never get a massive following.

The original IT series is absolutely fantastic, anyone who messes with it will float, they all float down here...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I wish they would make a decent TV series based on The Stand. A vision of an apocalyptic battle between good and bad would be great. I doubt they will improve on the original so a waste of time imo.

I watched it the other day, it really hasn't aged well. I would love to see a well made remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom