Stephen King "Dark Tower" series

X

xane

Saw this in the local bookshop today, a revised and updated set launched (recently ?), any opinions ?

I don't think I have completely read a Stephen King book, I did like The Stand (unabridged edition) but for some reason never finished it.

M

Munkey-

The only stephen king book i ever finished reading was Hearts in Atlantis. Enjoyable enough read but just a bit too surreal for my liking.

edit: and to explain it a bit further, has reference to the Dark Tower series in the first part which was what kind of made it a bit too surreal. The second part was excellent though

C

Cronn

I've read the first 4 books of the Dark Tower series, they are a really good read. The first book (The Gunslinger) takes a while to get going and imo it's not that great, but stick with it because book 2 (The Drawing of the Three) is fantastic.

W

whipped

I'm sorry, but Stephen King's early work is his best. Carrie, Christine, IT, Needful Things, etc.

I never thought he really reclaimed his old self after he cleaned up and after the car accident.

Also, the Richard Bachman books are some of the finest short stories I have ever had the privelage to read.

C

Cronn

He wrote 'The Gunslinger' back in 1973 I think, i'd have to check. The new versions are just slightly revised.

C

.Cask

On a vaguely related note - I just read Cujo and it was pretty crap.

M

~Mobius~

Apt Pupil, Shawshank redemption are both great.

Users who are viewing this thread