Steam

T

TheLog

This big steam install, can you make this clear for me... is it supposed to update counterstrike and half-life to the latest revisions. Is steam itself just a auto-update client?

Whenever i launch steam it errors cause it can't access the internet. I'm on a university network so that would be why. Is there a way of configuring a proxy setting for steam or just ditching it altogether and still running the updated version of the game?

T

throdgrain

Its a new install of Counter-Strike. Download the big patch in the thread above, install it and everything will be fine.
You can basically delete your entire Sierra folder once steam is working.

S

]SK[

After installing it downloads the relevant game you choose. It is indeed a client and is required in order to play online. If you cant even connect to the net with it then you have no chance in playing the game even offline :(

Its a new install of Counter-Strike. Download the big patch in the thread above, install it and everything will be fine.
You can basically delete your entire Sierra folder once steam is working.

It would be pointless in him downloading it as he cant connect with steam...

A

-adz-

SK is correct, if u cant login over the net u wont be able to play

T

TheLog

ahh nuts, i only play cs over the network, would have been nice to get the new version... suppose i'll stick with 1.5 then.
cheers for ya help guys

Users who are viewing this thread