Steam question (probably been asked before :P)

B

Big G

All,

Got a steam problem (i have the "steam with counterstrike" mix).

All of a sudden, i've noticed it isn't in my system tray anymore, nor does it load when i double click the steam icon.

When i do try to start it, it tells me that steam is already running. I open task manager, and there is "steam.exe" so i kill it off and open it again. Steam.exe does appear in the task list, but no menu, no systray icon - just nothing at all.

I reinstalled from the steam/CS package, steam updated itself and i rebooted the PC. The same problem still happens. :(

Can anyone help? Sorry it's a bit vague, but the problem is a bit vague.

Cheers

G

A

-adz-

It did that to me at the start, but I just left it and it sorted itself out.

Dunno how, dunno why, just did :)

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by -adz-
It did that to me at the start, but I just left it and it sorted itself out.

Dunno how, dunno why, just did :)

Same here.

I didn't load Steam for a about 2 weeks, then upon restarting, it auto updated and fixed itself.

C

Ch3tan

You can force Steam to update by deleting clientregistry.blog and restarting it. Steam didn't always appear for me at first either, I found hiding the task bar and then showing it helped sometimes, but I always managed to get it by ending the task and relaunching.

B

Big G

Originally posted by Ch3tan
You can force Steam to update by deleting clientregistry.blog and restarting it.

Yeah i tried that, and it did update itself; but the problem went right back to the way it was.

Damn :(

G

T

throdgrain

Stick with it, once it sorts itself out its actually quite nice.

(Jesus did I say that ? )

D

darthshearer

Originally posted by throdgrain
Stick with it, once it sorts itself out its actually quite nice.

(Jesus did I say that ? )

:) Yes you did Throddy and you know what?

I agree ;)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

It's true though.

The only problem I've had with steam for the past month or so is the friends network thing. Damn thingy keeps on timing out for no reason.

T

throdgrain

I turn mine off :( I had this idea it was causing a porblem. Probably wasnt, but there you go :)

A

-adz-

mines on all the time, no probs so far.

Its all part of the hardcore training for the steam olympics.

D

darthshearer

Hehe Adz :)

I have to say I do have probelems with steam logging into my friends list, well if you can call it that :(

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Add me to your list if you want darth :)

My list is too big though already :(

Ah, the problems of being famous.

D

darthshearer

:clap:/me already had Dolly :) ermm...have Dolly on list :)

Z

.z.

I absoloutely hate this bloody thing, it's caused no end of trouble for me. It even duplicates itself onto my c:\ drive! I uninstalled it, I really can't be arsed to mess about with it anymore. Why did they release it when it was so full of bugs? Not to mention the difficulty in actually USING the damn thing....WON was so much better....

B

Big G

surprise surprise, out of the blue one day steam came back.

what a pile of poo :(

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom