News Steam is about to get.... crapper?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So, Valve has announced the will allow ANYTHING onto Steam, the only exceptions are: nothing Illegal and nothing that's blatant trolling, everything else goes....

I don't like the sound of that one bit, I see that as the potential downfall of Steam.

Thoughts?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think it takes them out of the firing line for being censors. Be interesting to see how it works in reality.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't have a problem with it at all. Shops shouldn't be moral guardians. If you don't like the product, don't buy it.

Simple.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So you might see things you don't like?
Far better this than steam becoming the moral enforcer of acceptable games.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
And stopping it succumbing to all the do rights that get offended by anything and demand censorship. Now they can just point to their terms and those ppl have to take it to a court to prove illegal.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
And stopping it succumbing to all the do rights that get offended by anything and demand censorship. Now they can just point to their terms and those ppl have to take it to a court to prove illegal.
Hopefully they won't have put themselves in the firing line by coming out and dating this

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, I thought the Rock Paper Shotgun piece was a bit of idiocy. "Mwahhh! I agree valve should sell everything, but I'm not exactly sure what they should say about it, so I'm angry with Valve, because... err.. profit?"

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Now they can just point to their terms and those ppl have to take it to a court to prove illegal.

The only people that realistically can afford a court case against Valve are the ones that don't play games to begin with.....

Edit: And arguing that "other stores don't curate what they sell...." yes they actually do! Every single one of them curate what they sell. Valve just thinks they are special because.....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So you might see things you don't like?
Far better this than steam becoming the moral enforcer of acceptable games.

More thinking shit clogging up the main page, you can't filter asset flips out, if they added a filter so I could only see devs I want to see, I'd have no problem with it... I don't want to have to go through pages of shit asset flips just to find something I might be interested in.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
More thinking shit clogging up the main page, you can't filter asset flips out, if they added a filter so I could only see devs I want to see, I'd have no problem with it... I don't want to have to go through pages of shit asset flips just to find something I might be interested in.

They wouldn't do that, it's not in their interest to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom