Stealthers

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Ok this aint a whine thread . .so if anyone wants to whine then

:wij: off :)

I've just started playing a stealth class ( 50 scout ) and was wondering do other realms have trouble get small groups?

I only ever grp after being hammered by high ranking sb's or ns's but find people are reluctant to work as a team to clear mgs etc

Is this considered 'rude'? Do other stealthers not like to work together to remove harder ranking enemy?

Did make me chuckle when a high ranking mid wasn't happy that alb had 6 stealth at amg and couldn't take us solo . .to me this was sensible ( not getting farmed ) but he said we were 'zerging'. So is a stealth grp considered a zerg etc?

Am interested in peoples opinions as this has been very different from working in a normal group.

Thanks

/salute

ps Also experienced stealthers leaving groups as soon as they get killed and 'Where the fook where you' gets said . .does this happen more? Seems less patience when you die or have I grouped with some :m00: people? :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
well imo, more then 2-3 is a zerg with stealth groups.

why not try to play the class as its intended to be?

play a group char to group, must be a new thing.

I don't know why people leave tho, some people want a sure win, don't like dying, risking dying etc.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i think most people expect large amounts of stealthers tbh, i try and solo but i always end up drifting between amg-apk and well theres usually loads of other mids there too :p

(and yes i usually die alot too ;) )

but do you really need 6 stealthers to take 1 high ranking SB/NS? :p

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Lorimez Shadowblade said:
Ok this aint a whine thread . .so if anyone wants to whine then

:wij: off :)

I've just started playing a stealth class ( 50 scout ) and was wondering do other realms have trouble get small groups?

I only ever grp after being hammered by high ranking sb's or ns's but find people are reluctant to work as a team to clear mgs etc

Is this considered 'rude'? Do other stealthers not like to work together to remove harder ranking enemy?

Did make me chuckle when a high ranking mid wasn't happy that alb had 6 stealth at amg and couldn't take us solo . .to me this was sensible ( not getting farmed ) but he said we were 'zerging'. So is a stealth grp considered a zerg etc?

Am interested in peoples opinions as this has been very different from working in a normal group.

Thanks

/salute

ps Also experienced stealthers leaving groups as soon as they get killed and 'Where the fook where you' gets said . .does this happen more? Seems less patience when you die or have I grouped with some :m00: people? :)

When i played my infil in emain (long time ago) i would never group with anymore than 4 ppl but usually i duo'ed...for several reasons

1) u get more rps
2) u hopefully avoid the zerg whines
3) its alot more fun !
4) u learn ur class
5) u learn teamwork/play !

If mile gates needed cleasring due to being outnumbered then i would ask others for help in clearing it..but wouldnt group with em..but just work together to remove the threat

As for the high RR mid...if there was only him and there was 6 Alb stealthers then yes, i would consider you zerged him...shouldnt need 6 to take out 1 person...3 at the most should of been enough

Yes u will find some ppl who will leave the group as soon as they die...what i did was just never group with em again....if ppl cant accept they are gonna die...or learn to work together as a group...then they aint worth grouping with imo

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
stealthers are wank in general imo, nothing to do about it :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I hardly ever group with other stealthers. It happens ofc when there are a fg stealthers with SL camping mmg that needs to be cleared.

I do however grp with regular ppl from time to time.

When I want to stealth I mostly want to solo and that´s because of many reasons. One is that I often go afk so when I am solo I don´t make others wait for me.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i read FH when walking between milegates, and suprisingly ive only died from it once or twice :D

emma

Loyal Freddie
I love to solo, but there are some infils/shades that are just impossible to kill as a solo SB. namely due to there much better RA`s or just plain damage output. In that case if there around, i duo with "Teh" hunter ;p

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Jaem- said:
why not try to play the class as its intended to be?

where is the rulebook that says that

tbh play as you like, if you kill someone they are going to whine anyway

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
You learn your class by grouping with 4 ppl? well thats news to me, more to a class than /assist /stick garrote.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
ev0_o said:
You learn your class by grouping with 4 ppl? well thats news to me, more to a class than /assist /stick garrote.

sigh another 1 who has to argue/flame on bits they chose..instead of reading the post in its entirety

i said i didnt group anymore than 4 ppl ( to decrease zerg whines and better rps)

i also said i usually duo'ed ( which i did with a mincer 99% of the time)

anyways i had long learnt my class before then...after rr3...i didnt do emain anymore...couldnt be arsed with the stealth zerging and the fgs of stealthers...so i spent rest of my time SOLOING...in DF

But grouping with others...also gives u a longer survival chance..so therefore helps u learn/experiment with ur class....or it does for those who can be arsed to try!

and for the record spamming garrote gets u nowhere...except out of end :p

klavrynd

Fledgling Freddie
buffs are wrong, teaming rogues is wrong, so guess what teaming when being buffed to the rim is

(oh please /G SOS when there's a chance one of you might take damage)

emma

Loyal Freddie
NeonBlue said:
sigh another 1 who has to argue/flame on bits they chose..instead of reading the post in its entirety

i said i didnt group anymore than 4 ppl ( to decrease zerg whines and better rps)

i also said i usually duo'ed ( which i did with a mincer 99% of the time)

anyways i had long learnt my class before then...after rr3...i didnt do emain anymore...couldnt be arsed with the stealth zerging and the fgs of stealthers...so i spent rest of my time SOLOING...in DF

But grouping with others...also gives u a longer survival chance..so therefore helps u learn/experiment with ur class....or it does for those who can be arsed to try!

and for the record spamming garrote gets u nowhere...except out of end :p
Rambo still spams it ;p

and Mona for that matter.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Goku said:
:(
some people just like to whine i guess
hope you enjoyed me and snornig /assisting on you ;p

gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see fotms like you drop dead in seconds ;p

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Mona is an old inf and one of the good ones, doesn't deserve any crappy comments.If i played a stealther i would probably group with 1-2 people max if needed, like vs 3+ stealthers or whatever, solo is more of a challenge but can be boring having no one to play with/talk with but being in a group of 4 or more must be fun for them but annoying for everyone else thus making it become fg vs fg in the end whilst there's still some out there who hate this a lot.The people involved in those things can only blame themselves being on the end of it.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Sycho said:
Mona is an old inf and one of the good ones, doesn't deserve any crappy comments.If i played a stealther i would probably group with 1-2 people max if needed, like vs 3+ stealthers or whatever, solo is more of a challenge but can be boring having no one to play with/talk with but being in a group of 4 or more must be fun for them but annoying for everyone else thus making it become fg vs fg in the end whilst there's still some out there who hate this a lot.The people involved in those things can only blame themselves being on the end of it.
Sycho reason i called her fotm is because when we fought her she was grouped with 3 others, an rr3-4 infil and 2 rr6 scouts.. me and snornig were duo`ing as usual.

We do perfectly fine as a duo, sure it helps that snornig has some uber uber RA`s and for some odd reason people always target her first, leaving me to do some major damage, think my record so far is 360 main + 116 offhand with Ragnarok on some rr5 infil ;p (after debuff proc ofc).

But seriously for an rr8 infil with ToA items, using heat LW`s she should easily be able to solo, and with the right charges etc she could easily take out multiple SB`s. there are lots of SB`s around that just dont have the time to level artifacts or get them. Granted she may need to duo or occasionally "zerg" because there are just too many SB`s/Hunters/Shades around, but everytime i ran into her today she`s been grouped with 3-4 sometimes more stealthers. Could just be bad luck for me, because there were alot of SB`s out then, but damn if me and snornig can do well as a duo even with the zergs out im sure an RR8 infil could as well.

Goku

One of Freddy's beloved
Id love to be able to solo all the time but it's never gonna happen. how's you going around in a duo killing a solo player any better than 4v2?

They were also guild members so im not gonna say no to joining them, especially when there's 3 high rr ns's at amg.

But i do solo a big percentage of the time, but if you class another alb stealther in the area, has me never being solo, then i guess no alb steather ever is, since there's loads out there these days.

Edit: Nerf Snornig's spear dmg, was being hit 400+ a pop :worthy:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
im always solo since i cant see other stealthers unless im on top of them :p

and im never grouped because well, im anti-social and i whine, and because i like dying ;)

(and i mean, these infs have to get their RP from SOMEWHERE dont they? :p )

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I enjoy soloing with my SB. Don´t have to explain to any1 why I am running afk all the time :D

Kained_again

Fledgling Freddie
Ill try and answer the original question.

Firstly, if you want to group, do it!

8 in a stealth group becomes hard work though, as nobody can see anyone else, and with stealther fights being over in seconds, a smaller close knit team is better.

As for stealthers camping milegates? The reason is simple, in stealth, you cannot catch someone running at full speed. Mythic, in their infinite wisdom though, decided to put a single choke point for every realms entry point into an opposing realm - this makes milegates a natural hunting spot for any stealther.

Its an mmorpg, designed (supposedly) for large scale warfare, unfortunatly the rp whores invented this 'zerg' term, in order for the masses to run in small, easily killed groups, for the more proffesional players to farm, with maximum rp returns.

Naturally, as most other players aspire to the success of these few, they smile, nod and agree with this 'no zerg' policy, forgetting that its actually a game, its played for fun, and you can do whatever the hell you want to do :)

Is running round as 3fg killing any single groups you meet lame as hell? Well, possibly, but by that rational running as 1fg, and killing any single enemy you saw is even more lame.......

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Goku said:
Id love to be able to solo all the time but it's never gonna happen. how's you going around in a duo killing a solo player any better than 4v2?

They were also guild members so im not gonna say no to joining them, especially when there's 3 high rr ns's at amg.

But i do solo a big percentage of the time, but if you class another alb stealther in the area, has me never being solo, then i guess no alb steather ever is, since there's loads out there these days.

Edit: Nerf Snornig's spear dmg, was being hit 400+ a pop :worthy:

Sorry I may be mistaken now, but do I remeber a post about unbuffed and solo assasins, if I'm right you were very proud of the fact that alot of people mentioned you as a unbuffed unfotm due to slash (which is bs imo, slash is worse :p) and solo infil, I presume these arent true anymore?

Same goes for Balthasar btw, I taught you used to hate anyone not soloing, but I see you grouped with Succi lately.

I personally don't have a problem with what Mona or Balthasar do, just wondering have they changed their minds about how they play? Which is totally acceptable, since I did it myself, used to hate buffbots, now I have one :p

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Had lots of FUN in RvR until about a week ago.. been soloing morning hours to about mid day and from that point on duoing with a close friend of mine. I´ve been called zerger etc etc on IRC but I really dont care. Perhaps I solo 50% duo 45% rarely go trio or above just when its needed to clear out mgs or pk camping albs. Well was 2-3 weeks great fun but now its back to either zerging or not playing at all since it now seems as every fotm alb stealther is finished with ToA and out massing in groups.. And the endless point of debate how the hell people find you during fights.. was having a real fun fight with a RR4 paladin behind Silo was a close fight and all then this 1fg shows up and totally nuke me to pieces.. Even the paladin I fought seemed disappointed.. Odins is dead, hadrians to and since lazy albs dont seem to get there fingers out of there arse and get DF even Sauvage is empty = go emain get tripple quadrupled owned bye infil and co... And gotta love Arauddry laugh spamming when she and Kklas kills you.. But hey me and Feg duoed you a couple of times so guess your pretty pissed off.. My word of advice to all people out there is to take the solo fights.. Nothing is more tragic in this game when you been camping a spot solo and seeing endless amounts of groups passing bye.. You finally get a solo target and fire first arrow away.. what happens next?? they throw them selfs on sprint + end pots until they are safe in pk or run towards closest group spamming /y.. loosen up the game is about having fun not about owning.. SO many cowards out there atm.. OO NO I MIGHT DIE MUST SPRINT + END POTIONS SO I MIGHT GET AWAY.. 1 on 1 spontanius encounters is as fun as it gets if you ask me

Goku

One of Freddy's beloved
Melachi said:
Sorry I may be mistaken now, but do I remeber a post about unbuffed and solo assasins, if I'm right you were very proud of the fact that alot of people mentioned you as a unbuffed unfotm due to slash (which is bs imo, slash is worse :p) and solo infil, I presume these arent true anymore?

yea, your mistaken :p

always been thrust, and i got a bb at rr7 ;) i dont like bb's but need one to compete

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Goku said:
yea, your mistaken :p

always been thrust, and i got a bb at rr7 ;) i dont like bb's but need one to compete

Well still, I rember hearing about you running around HW, unbuffed and solo :p

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
I solo nearly all the time in emain and don't get bored coz loads of stuff to kill/get away from.

Don't find it boring have my guild to talk to and usually talking to succi, just can't see how solo can be boring involves more thinking more skill than grouping.

Can't remember the last time I grouped with other stealthers.

Oh and Emma don't dismiss me when you've zerged me if you kill me 1v1 and do it fine but untill then don't k.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Solo most of the time, however, there are plans for an unbuffed SB stealthzerg. Bearing in mind we're all crap, it shouldn't be much of a problem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom