Stealther question !!

Rhiem

Fledgling Freddie
Eum , what i want to ask is , where do u guys pur ure poisen on , on witch waep and dus it matter ? i put my debuff on the mainhand waep and the dot on the offhand , ppl say switch waeps in combat , do i have to pt dots on me other waeps then ?, ore debuff poisen ? And is it maybe better to put me debuff on the offhand and me dot on the mainhand ? Dus it make a diffrence ?

please help !! :)

ps : sry for the bad english

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
i use ws/con debuff mainhand, dot left hand and battler with mezz or another dot poison

i also have 2 weaps rdy to use with same poisons in case enemy like tank/hunter/scout purges

illu

Part of the furniture
I open with disease on mainhand, ws/con on left hand(as this stays equipped and may tick again due to ml3), once they land, I swap in dot poisoned weapons for the mainhand and keep switching every few rounds.
If an add comes in, the I have a mezz poison on another weap ready, and if he purges, I have another ws/con weap to debuff him, and then swap in the dot weapons to fight him :>
I have 11 weaps I think, maybe more in my pack, all pre-poisoned.

Oli - Illu

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
debuff should always be on mh, if you put it on offhand you waste both main + offhand damage :p

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
ws/con mh, desease oh, spare ws/con debuff again. Mezz pot on qbar, since you can use it with 1 env.

illu

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
debuff should always be on mh, if you put it on offhand you waste both main + offhand damage :p

Can you elaborate on this bud? :> Does it make that much of a difference?

The reason I have it on the offhand is if someone purges after the first round (say after a PA+CD), there is a slim chance the poison will re-apply itself, and usually after the first round of attacks, I'm already swapping poisons into the mainhand.

Oli - Illu

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
err, its like basic game mechanics illu :p

debuff lowers the max hp far more then your first hit will do in damage, if the debuff is on your mh then your oh will actually do damage - usually the dot is on here too for extra dmg.

if your debuff is on mh you waste both hands in damage

auroria

Banned
remember thats its different for ns/inf than sbs, sbs always swing offhand, ns's dont

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
auroria said:
remember thats its different for ns/inf than sbs, sbs always swing offhand, ns's dont

Seeing as OH hits later then MH, SB's will still lose dmg if they put debuff on OH :)

illu

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:

debuff lowers the max hp far more then your first hit will do in damage, if the debuff is on your mh then your oh will actually do damage - usually the dot is on here too for extra dmg.

I'll swap them around and see if it makes a difference, but I can't really see the difference between:
PA (Disease on sword and say 500 hit)+(ws/con (-300hits and ws) axe and say 100 hit) + CD (same +150) (same +75) -> swap dot weaps in and
PA (ws/con -300hits-ws sword (500 hit)) + (disease axe (100)) + CD (same) (same)
Isn't it the same damage but just in a slightly different order? Or is it that when you hit them with ws/con, they lose say 300 hits, and your first hit will be IN that 300 hits, whereas if you debuff them first, hits drop to say 2200-300=1900 then you hit them for whatever?

/scratches head

Oli - Illu

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
from what ive been lead to understand its the latter illu, con debuff takes the hits down then the mh damage is applied.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Dropping con doesn't actually lose hits unless your max hits drops below your current hits.

That means if the con is debuffed after they lose 20% life it doesn't actually do them any damage.
If you debuff the con first, you then apply the damage to their lower hits value.

Conina

Fledgling Freddie
I think i understand what you guys are saying about the poisons but Illu says he has 11 weapons in his bags. How do you allow for so many weapons to be interchangable in a template. Do tehy have the same stats. Wont you lose some things like ToA bonuses that are on things like champ weapon/malice. Please enlighten me.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
PA (Disease on sword and say 500 hit)+(ws/con (-300hits and ws) axe

Enervate kicks 500 hps from my melee ranger shar, not 300. I bet you won't PA for more than 500 hps vs reinf 41%/28% slash 777AF so you are losing dmg vs. hard targets, on soft targets like mages you should score a PA for more than 500 hps.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Conina said:
I think i understand what you guys are saying about the poisons but Illu says he has 11 weapons in his bags. How do you allow for so many weapons to be interchangable in a template. Do tehy have the same stats. Wont you lose some things like ToA bonuses that are on things like champ weapon/malice. Please enlighten me.

Most templates are mainhand open, so you can easily swap weapons then :)

illu

Part of the furniture
Congax said:
Most templates are mainhand open, so you can easily swap weapons then :)
Yep, in the template I have a "fake" mainhand of simply +12str I think. This means I can swap in any weap and nothing changes.
(Well that's the theory, I buggered something up and lose 10con sometimes :p)
Oli - Illu

Illu it is like this.

You PA someone, u do 500 dmg and if you have debuff on MH it will debuff the person after you hit has landed, so the 1st hit will actually not do any damage but ur offhand hit will. On a tank the con debuff is alot more then 500 hits so Obviously it is beneficial to have the ws/con debuff on mainhand to get the actualy dmg from the offhand, even more so since SBs 100% dual hit.

Atm you are doing say, 500 dmg with pa dieases aplys, then you hit with offhand for say 100 dmg THEN ws/con debuff aplys and debuffs for rougly the same damage thus making you waste both MH and OF hit. If it is a tank the chances that your debuff does more dmg then ur combined mh+of hit is quiet large, thus only making the PA useful for landing CD with, and getting in the offhand hit. Been like this always, simpel game mechanics ;d

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

but as a SZ u have 50 la and would probably have better chance landing OH then MH...

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Twinky said:
but as a SZ u have 50 la and would probably have better chance landing OH then MH...

Dont you always land OH as SB?

illu

Part of the furniture
Xxcalibur said:
illu nuuub !

Even at RR9L5, I learn something new every day :> I knew there was something about the order of poisons, but never really paid much attention to it :>

Oli - Illu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom