stealth

O

old.Rohirrim

i was wondering about stealth and how it works, i have a friend that have never put any point into stealth but when they go into stealth and i step back about a horses length he dissapered completely, when i did it he could see me transparent no matter how far i stepped back, he was a rogue like me and he was 1 lvl higher than me. I had no points in stealth either. Also a group of ppl (none were rogues of that sort) were grouped with me, as i stealthed and went back a fair way some of them couldnt see me at all and had to come in right close to discover me but some could see me transparent and the like.
Im very confused. Any one care to clear this up for me? :(

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Rohirrim
i was wondering about stealth and how it works, i have a friend that have never put any point into stealth but when they go into stealth and i step back about a horses length he dissapered completely, when i did it he could see me transparent no matter how far i stepped back, he was a rogue like me and he was 1 lvl higher than me. I had no points in stealth either. Also a group of ppl (none were rogues of that sort) were grouped with me, as i stealthed and went back a fair way some of them couldnt see me at all and had to come in right close to discover me but some could see me transparent and the like.
Im very confused. Any one care to clear this up for me? :(
People in your own realm will see you whenever they are close enough... but enemy realm members will only see you if they are higher level than your stealth and are next to you for 3+ seconds.
Higher level stealth just makes this invisible bubble in which enemies can see you get smaller, and of course then your stealth compared to the enemy level gets better...
YOu can't test stealth in your own realm except "invisible-bubble-wise"

G

Gekul

The range someone sees you at depends on their level, and your stealth level. The higher they are the higher chance they have of seeing you. Increasing your stealth decreases the range the enemy can see you from. Reading that back, not only does it not make much sense it's also repeating what SFX said. But I want 20 posts so I'll leave it :)

Oh, assasin classes with detect hidden can see you from further away.

A

Aeiedil

Gekul said what i was gonna say dammit :) is your friend an infiltrator? i can see higher level people from a way off, even some reds sometimes, then again my stealth is modified to max, and i have detect hidden :)

S

SFXman

Just remember that you really can't test it well in your own realm with friends, except "bubble-wise" as in how small your bubble really is... infiltrators will see other easier though when they have detect hidden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom