stealing bastard

Arid|Disci

Fledgling Freddie
to the guy that just stole items from my account second time in a month...
I got no clue how u did it (ofc I changed pass) but u deserve to have ur balls cut off irl

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Arid|Disci said:
I got no clue how u did it (ofc I changed pass) but u deserve to have ur balls cut off irl

let me guess you have your DAOC account registered to either a hotmail or yahoo account.

or

you use a communial computer, e.g cyber cafe or university to access the account details

install an anti virus product on your pc it will pick up the nasty key logger that is installed there....

Also righnow it GoA might be able to tell you who the gear was transfered too...

:m00:

Arid|Disci

Fledgling Freddie
none of the above ..
but it might be character corruption it seems now
just found 10yellow quartz instead of zahurs ring on my character take off cant put back ..

Afran

Part of the furniture
Arid xEE That sucks.
Make sure you change all your passes, including subs. You probably already have but anyway. Also don't store your details on an e-mail, and really not on your desktop either.

What have you lost? :|

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Arid|Disci said:
none of the above ..
just found 10yellow quartz instead of zahurs ring on my character take off cant put back ..

take it you didn't check your characters since the prydwen item crash the buggered up the items?

Arid|Disci

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
Arid xEE That sucks.
Make sure you change all your passes, including subs. You probably already have but anyway. Also don't store your details on an e-mail, and really not on your desktop either.

What have you lost? :|

sillillias neck, terkariis bane, zahurs ring :) list goes on

Anduril

Fledgling Freddie
Arid|Disci said:
sillillias neck, terkariis bane, zahurs ring :) list goes on
Funny, I think I just saw an Auction Thread with these items. But its problably nothing. Hope u get these items back somehow:)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Rightnow it if i were you, if nothing else has come of it least you have it on their file that something has gone missing.

shaark

Loyal Freddie
scorge said:
install an anti virus product on your pc it will pick up the nasty key logger that is installed there....

most of the keylogger cant be detected by antivirus :fluffle:

pip

Banned
Arid|Disci said:
Right now em mate they no who it was but they wont tell you there name hopefully the wankers will get banned:( Sad reading about this kind of stuff

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
Arid|Disci said:

RightNow this.. and ask for a log check (unless this is ofc due to the database purge which happened some weeks back now then RN it anyway that items are missing).
This will tell you who the items were transfered to and at what time..
be sure to include character name and range dates.. from - to

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Arid|Disci said:
none of the above ..

So if you had 10 yellow quartz in your characters left ring slot - does this mean the purge of the corruption on Prydwen database did not catch everything ?

More downtime anyone ?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Rightnow the issue with as much detail as possible; they'll be able to tell you where the items were transferred to and at what time.

You'll have to wait til Monday for the reply as it's a National Holiday in France I believe.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
You'll have to wait til Monday for the reply as it's a National Holiday in France I believe.

yep expect the servers to go down at 18:00gmt and back up on monday :)

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
eggy said:

Is that what those riots are? Part of the holiday fun? Maybe it was a goa rep I saw throwing that molotov...:)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
what most ppl do is change the game password and the subs details, same with ppl who buy accounts...but they forget to change the email address hence whoever had/may have you email address just reads the new emails.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
So if you had 10 yellow quartz in your characters left ring slot - does this mean the purge of the corruption on Prydwen database did not catch everything ?

More downtime anyone ?

Oh for the love of god nooooooooo!

I'd leave if it happened again, hopefully GOA are on top of any such problems though. I have faith and yes it's fairly sight impaired.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Don't people read posts before replying ?

If the account was hacked/traded/ebayed how could anyone change a ring item to be a standard inventory item. Smacks to me of more corruption in the DB.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with Tears here, if the items have been replaced with quarts or whatever it was then theres some corruption going on. How can a hacker change that a teckari's bane for 10 quarts peices ?

Haggus said:
I agree with Tears here, if the items have been replaced with quarts or whatever it was then theres some corruption going on. How can a hacker change that a teckari's bane for 10 quarts peices ?

i've heard something like this happen before, someone 'hacking' onto an account and swapping rare items for random loot off mobs before. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom