statistics: how fast can a n00b level in daoc ?

A

-ag-bometal

As the topic stated,

I had an argument with some guy at school who i told about the xp grinding of daoc.

The dude laughed at me and told me he would be able to lvl a char from 0 - 50 in 2 months (with epics done and such) irl without pl. (He called him self an uberplayer because he complets FPS in max 1 week)

Imo opinion that is impossible...

If he plays 8 hours EVERY day, he will have a 50 in 7.5 d/pl
((60 * 24) / 8) = 7.5).

To someone who never played a RPG and never played a MMORPG this is impossible, no ?

What would be the fatest playtime a total n00b would achieve to become 50 when he starts playing now ? Without pl ?

Just curiousity...

Discuss

A

acei

A total noob i dunno, all depends on class, necro could be done 2-3 weeks (probably less). Cleric/sorceror/thurg/paladin also less than 2 months. Cabalist, friar, reaver, armsman about right. Merc, infil would probably take longer and i don't suggest making a merc or a infil as your first char as it's quicker to level if you have alot of money behind you.

It all depends on their groupability and their luck with groups.

A

-ag-bometal

So ppl who have a social life, study, and sleep at night can level a paladin/sorc/theurg to 50 in less then 2 months ? Even if they are total n00bs and never played a rpg ?

Hmmm are we talking about the same game ? my first char (paladin) did about 1 year about it :/ my second char, a mincer though is 42 and i started em arround april...

Imo it is totally impossible for a n00b to lvl a char to 50 in 7.5d / pl

but this what this thread is for, other ppl their opinion

We are talking about a fps-addict who never played a rpg who will try to create a 50 in 2 months...

is it possible yes/no ?

O

old.moriath

First char was a hunter took 43 days played heehee i know slow very slow

I think most classes can be lvl 50 in about 20 days played if you get some groups some solo and have to work out places to exp.

now its about 10 -12 days for me to get a lvl 50 maybe a little more. Mostly duo /solo tho.

In groups all the way about 7 -9 days is possible.

Lowest i seen was 3 days something i think.

O

old.Hardbein

25days /played on my first char (my thane) - more than 2months IRL.

IF...this guy is a "smart-n00b" and gets together an organized PBAoE grp and choose a realm with 3 pow relics :p Does enough research of XP spots in the realm hes planning to play. Its doable in a week.

With my SM we were 8ppl who organized a 16h/day XP sessions and we all dinged lvl50 within 5 days... (3d/6h /played)....so yes it _IS_ possible if u XP smart ;)

But to be a bit realistic: If hes "all new" to the game, dont know shit about mobs, baf-rules, aggro, xp spots etc etc...then hes in for a hard time i would guess.

K

krait

Unless my maths has gone totally haywire ,should'nt the formula be :-

(Days played)60*8(Hours perday) = 480(Total hours) / 24 = 20 Days played.

If it is right ,then \20 days played is very easy to do.
:)

T

Trahg

If one put some back into it it will surely be possible. I got my first char, Trahg, up to lvl 50 with epic in about 6 months after the release of euro-daoc and at the same time i leveled some alts both on excalibur and prydwen. Though i was fairly inactive during 3 months.

Before daoc i had never encountered any mmoprg's but plenty of rpg's. And imo, 1 week is usually enough to finish of an fps in "story mode".

If he read docs and such, I think he should be able to finish lvl50 in 2 months. But i wouldn't say it's likely ^^

O

old.windforce

search for "teh 1337 necro guide to leveling" and ding 50 in 4-6 days played. it all a matter of preparation

slo - 26 days to 50 (RR3L5 at 49)
olezdad - 50 days to 50 (LMSC the old fashioned way of 1430 mouseclicks for 10 skillpoints and PvE buffing Zoef), 60 days at RR5L1
zoef - 20 days played (RR4L1 at 49)
mezzie - 9 days to 50, PL till 32
Tinus - 5 days to 43,8 (3 days at level 19 after Bg0)

gets faster every char i guess

have to say i use 4 accounts to PL Tinus
1 char itself
2 buffbot
3 debuffbot
4 nuker

A

-ag-bometal

He isn't a smart n00b

He must play alb - excalibur

He studies, has a girlfriend and is a member of a youth movement

So playing 8 hours / every day is quite impossible...

I agree u can be 50 in a pbaoe group but we are talking about someone here who never ever played a rpg in his life and never played an online game.

he is used and addicted to fast pace fps shooters so i think he will be a bit disapointment in daoc :)

And he must do his epics to and they are so boring and such a waste of time =)

It is not impossible, but verry verry hard imo...

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Pfft, I completed most FPS games I played in under 1/2 days depending on how much effort I put in. Leveling to 50 in groups and solo with a sorcerer took a damn long time. If he played using a necro then he *could* conceivably do it in 1/2 weeks if:

a) He knew his way around Albion, which he wouldn't
b) Was able to compete with the 50 gajillion necros leveling at the same spot ~laughs~
c) Could spend 5-6 hours per day playing at the bare minimum
d) Knew the ins and outs of spell crafting and ordering player made items, not to mention configuring your stats so you are at your optimum killing mode

If he chose another class, such as a paladin or reaver, then it would take him even longer. I think it would be hard for anyone to do it in a week and with his commitments I would say it bordered on the realms of impossibility. :)

B

bulge

Will take him even longer if you tell him that the fastest levelling character is a scout......

D

[DK]hakke

Originally posted by bulge
Will take him even longer if you tell him that the fastest levelling character is a scout......

scout is a good soloer tho :)

K

klavrynd

when i was levelling my alt i came to the conclusion that most "normal" players dont know anything about game mechanics such as baf, cfh and exp-over-time , and this was at ~35 so he's gonna have a hard time.

As bo told me, the game will be easy peasy levelling until ~40 and he's probably gonna calm down not knowing that 1-40 takes as long as 40-50

D

deffy

Originally posted by [DK]hakke
scout is a good soloer tho :)

Execpt when they miss and fumble ;)

If he picks necro he could do it in 2 months but seeing as he doesn't know anything about rpgs, let alone mmorpgs and always played fast-paced games he's likely to give up before lvl 30 tbh but if he stuck at it and spent every waking hour playing his necro (which is incredibly boring no matter how much you like these games, got mine to 41 and can only stomach an hour or so at a time) he would easily get 50 in 2 months.

K

klonk

I had experience from "paper-and-pencil-rpgs" before I started daoc july 2002, but had no MMORPG experience. Or fps experience, for that matter. I learned the game like everyone else, by grouping and walking around your realm, had no BB or anything, and even went solo with my warrior in Varulvhamn from lvl 36 to lvl 40 :clap: I dinged 50 with /play 21 days i think, which I heard was quite normal for your first char. My second lvl 50 Smerte dinged in /play 9 days, which is good for an SB I guess, owing to guild group playing together all the way up to 40, then lair. Guess it's true what ppl say that it gets faster by every char etc.

But if this guy has a girlfriend, and a life, he can never get a 50 char in 2 months with epic. I think the strongest argument besides that he isn't familiar with rules/mobs/xp places is the epic quests. These take fecking ages, as everyone knows, and you need a grp on higher lvls etc...

H

heilel

I consider myself a "Casual" player of DaoC and I've been playing about twice a week for about 16 months now.
I only lvled my main to lvl 50 a few weeks ago.

After saying that, I experimented with various realms/servers a bit as well, so Iwasn't particularly dedicated to reaching lvl 50.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Pfft, I completed most FPS games I played in under 1/2 days depending on how much effort I put in. Leveling to 50 in groups and solo with a sorcerer took a damn long time. If he played using a necro then he *could* conceivably do it in 1/2 weeks if:

a) He knew his way around Albion, which he wouldn't
b) Was able to compete with the 50 gajillion necros leveling at the same spot ~laughs~
c) Could spend 5-6 hours per day playing at the bare minimum
d) Knew the ins and outs of spell crafting and ordering player made items, not to mention configuring your stats so you are at your optimum killing mode

If he chose another class, such as a paladin or reaver, then it would take him even longer. I think it would be hard for anyone to do it in a week and with his commitments I would say it bordered on the realms of impossibility. :)

playing on kid-mode doesnt count sissy :p

had 23d /played on Arnor at 50, old school mezz-pulls @ lair before pbaoe etc.

S

Sharma

Well considering how good drops are now and such, its realistically possible to do it VERY fast. say 3 months or so, even you have a life outside of DAoC, 4 hoiurs/day can get you pretty fast over a long perois of time :)

F

Flimgoblin

39 days on Fing to hit 50 :)

But I did stop to smell the roses along the way, have a cup of coffee, read the paper. etc.

(consignments for a fortnight in camelot raising cash for the guild emblem ;) and chatting with Kiarra (who was all of 15 skill ahead of me at one point) and Badjelly (the man with the adverts), Lawrence (who lived _inside_ the forge))

Can he do it in 2 months not knowing what he's doing? with lots of help yes - but that kinda kills the not knowing what he's doing :)

And if he does he's missed out on a lot...

C

chretien

nearly 60 days /played here and still not level 50.

R

Roo Stercogburn

I think I levelled Jink to 50 in about 16-18 days played but when I logged him on I was very focused and generally didn't mess about and there's very few hunt spots in Mid I don't know about. This was mostly solo.

Took a lot longer with Roo (though I can't remember what) because that was first proper char and I did spend a LOT of time doing other things (and like Flim spent a goodly while doing consignment tasks for exactly same reason when I was in WR :D).

Don't have a clue what Biggus took. It was faster than Roo but probably not as fast as Jink - being a seer he got groups relatively easy.

Got to say though, its murder getting groups for healing classes these days. Its the same on Mid/Pryd as Hib/Ex and I have them in both.

S

svartmetall

Depends..do you want to lvl, or play the game? Big difference.

I think I got my Warrior to 50 in about 20 days or so, not sure, but I like to explore, stop and smell the flowers, you know? IMO it's a GAME not a lvling exercise...I guess it depends what you want out of the game.

B

Balbor

since SI came out leveling is a lot easyer, just follow the path to Avalon city and level up on the mobs as you go. Some mob types will last you 5-6 level between 20-30 because there level range is so high (those sea dog thing by the coast as you leave IOG start turning yellow at L21 and there are still some red ones when you hit 24)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom