Static noise on headset mic

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
I got a really annoying problem with static on my headsets when i record, hence static on Ventrilo and alike.
Im not talking about "outside" noise comming in, but little "clicks" you can only hear on the other end.
Heres a test: Click me
Yes my voice is awesome, you dont need to tell me.

I tried a few things but none seems to do any help.

I tested 2 different headsets (RAZOR PIRANHA & Sennheiser PC350) but both give me the exact same static, witch leads me to belive it gotta be a problem with my computer?
My comp is less than a year old, and the headsets are in mint condition, no scratches on the cords or alike.

I tried downloading the lastest drivers for my onboard soundcard but that didnt do any change.

Help me jebus

simpsons-homer-praise-jebus.jpg

- English -

Resident Freddy
have you got them plugged in the socket at the back of your computer or for example on top of your pc case.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
have you got them plugged in the socket at the back of your computer or for example on top of your pc case.

I tried both in the back (directly into the motherboard) and into the "hub" up front next to the CD tray and alike. Same static :(

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Mute stereo mix in the HD Audio Manager you install with your sound drivers, should be under a tab called Record i think.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Iv got no stereo mix in my VIA HD audio program that i can mute, nothing in the controll panel either :(

Heres how my onboard soundcard driver program looks:

vial.jpg

Edit: ohh found a spot called stero mix, but it is already disabled:

mixj.jpg

br1te

Loyal Freddie
do you have a motorbike in the room? i find some people do, i dont know why they dont just turn the engine off!

Fleury

Fledgling Freddie
can be dust in the plugin hole, try to blow, also maybe dust around your mb, try to clean from dust... sounds more like a hardware problem to me, but i dont know rly :D

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
The other factors are is the wires for the headset near power cables? phones? other electrical equipment apart from ur pc?

Tbh its one reason i use USB headsets, no problems with shitty feedback.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
nope just ur ridiculous voice in crystal clear high definition :(

Khornay

Fledgling Freddie
I used to have some problems with my microphone as well. The static seemed to come from not using a proper socket for my computer. There was some residual power on the computer. It doesn't do any real harm, but it does create a static in voice recordings. In that case you need use a earthed socket, at least that is what we call in Dutch. (Not sure what the english term is for it.)

EDIT "Looked up the english term for it, found: shock proof socket"

Hope it helps,

Camel

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
do you have a motorbike in the room? i find some people do, i dont know why they dont just turn the engine off!
I normally park my dirtbike outside, and most of the time i remember to turn it off...

can be dust in the plugin hole, try to blow, also maybe dust around your mb, try to clean from dust... sounds more like a hardware problem to me, but i dont know rly :D
Im gonna try to blow really hard(lol) into the mic hole. Cant open the cabinet as then i will lose my 2 year guarantee :(

The other factors are is the wires for the headset near power cables? phones? other electrical equipment apart from ur pc?

Tbh its one reason i use USB headsets, no problems with shitty feedback.

About 10cm from the sound jacks to the power cable on the back of the comp. Thou when I plug the sound in on the front side hub its far away from any cables plugged in.
Only other thing plugged into the back is a couple of USBs and 2x DVI cables.

nope just ur ridiculous voice in crystal clear high definition :(
Then help me fix my voice so i dont talk in static :m00:

I used to have some problems with my microphone as well. The static seemed to come from not using a proper socket for my computer. There was some residual power on the computer. It doesn't do any real harm, but it does create a static in voice recordings. In that case you need use a earthed socket, at least that is what we call in Dutch. (Not sure what the english term is for it.)

EDIT "Looked up the english term for it, found: shock proof socket"

Hope it helps,

Camel

This sounds interested, thou not sure how to use a shock proof socket with a duel jack headset... If anybody knows more about this, please give some info :)

Anyway thanks all for the help, and keep it coming :worthy:

Khornay

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, hard to explain well with all those english terms. But I am talking about the power supply for your computer as a whole, not just for the headset. You need to make sure you plug it into a shock proof socket. With an earth line.

I used to have static in my microphone as well before and now it is gone since I plug it into the right socket.

Hope this helps a bit,

Camel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom