State of our realm

W

wolfofslaughter

Seems like there is some kind of elitist attitude starting up in this realm which is sad when you think about it. This whole you got to be rr5 to be considered good enough to lotto for certain items or join certain groups is kinda judgementil and does not help our realm as much as it hinders it.

It's a game after all and some people have less time to play there characters because of work/girlfriend/ life in genral. While others who may not work or be on there school holidays right now have all the time in the world to play the game and go rvr.

Also certain classes/ specs find it easyer to get groups in emain and earn realm points in the first place.

Point is we should not be so dam bloody judementil it is that that divides our realm and makes us weak. We should be trying to help our realm become stronger by working together not shuning them who may be less experienced then ourselves or have less time to go rvr.

Help each other in rvr to work together better, give advise instaed of just flaming them because that helps NO ONE.

I ant sure why albion tends to be so dam disorganised and hatefull to each other but i bet its because of 3 things...

1. certain peoples egos
2. selfishness
3. immaturity

anyone else think we got too many dam alliences?

anyone else think we got too many guilds who dont group up to with each other due too 1 or 2 people hating each other?

The state of our realm on this server is stupid maybe we could learn alittle tolerance?

G

gunner440

cant have a big alliance cos we used to (alb united) but everyone hated everyone adn so it was doomed to fail from the start

T

thorwyntf

What´s the benefit of an alliance?

One chat channel

The more guilds in an alliance, the more people in the alliance and the more people with /as access, the more spam in /as and the more spam in /as, the more spam in /as complaining about the spam in /as.
We´ve seen in the past that Albion alliances and guilds are able to work together quite effectively. People know who to pm in case of emergency and during a large scale operation, you need /cg anyways instead of /as.

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by gunner440
cant have a big alliance cos we used to (alb united) but everyone hated everyone adn so it was doomed to fail from the start

I didnt hate everybody :p

AU was a try at getting most of the top guilds together. It ate pie :(

/as chat was a nightmare and if there hadnt been miles of cables seperating peoples PC's Im damn sure there would have been some enormous punch ups. I cant ever see it being tried again tbh.

As for co-operation between alliances ? things seem to have been moving in the right direction recently :clap:

F

- Fedaykin -

will people stop making these threads please

A

Aussie-

I just wonder when albs are gonna realise epicarmor and casters sux .

C

Coim-

Originally posted by thorwyntf
What´s the benefit of an alliance?

One chat channel

The more guilds in an alliance, the more people in the alliance and the more people with /as access, the more spam in /as and the more spam in /as, the more spam in /as complaining about the spam in /as.
We´ve seen in the past that Albion alliances and guilds are able to work together quite effectively. People know who to pm in case of emergency and during a large scale operation, you need /cg anyways instead of /as.
Make it so that only rank 1 officers/gm's can speak in alliance.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Everyone should respec to either a paladin/cleric (not buffbot)/armsman/merc/minstrel and perhaps the realm will be saved.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I don't think we have had one so far this month.

B

Bleri McThrust

I havent seen one for ages :cheers:

But then i stopped reading BW for ages to :kissit:

J

Jaxal

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Everyone should respec to either a paladin/cleric (not buffbot)/armsman/merc/minstrel and perhaps the realm will be saved.

u forgot sorc :p

I

Iswind

just a tip from a friendly midgardian :)

In our aliance if you spam the /as chat you get a warning and if you still spam it you get demoted for some time..

That way youll have very little spam in the /as chanel..

And imho an aliance need strikt rules for the /as as well as how to respond to invaders and such :)

P

punj

aye but that takes people with brains and them albs are for the most part silly goonz:wall:

J

Jergiot

omfg, its about 1 fucking weapon. not every drop.....
GET OVER IT WANKERS!

A

Asha

Lets just make all albion into one big guild, that way no one will be annoyed by /as chat.

D

Danya

haha alb united rocked... in a total suckage kinda way. :p

C

Coim-

Originally posted by thorwyntf
Then what´s the benefit of a large alliance?
If rank 1 and gm's could only speak (btw notice im talking about speaking here, everyone else would still be able to read) there would be less alliance spam, would be able to relay messages / important events a lot faster. Take this as an example - Your guild control's a keep. Keep gets attacked by lots of mids. You automatically assume RR. GM/rank 1 officer see's this, says this in alliance, then everyone knows about it. Saves a lot of time pm'ing other guild's and telling them to get their alliance.

A

Asha

hmm and if there isn't an officer on?

Anyhow, it's not going to happen. How hard is it to msg 1 person in each of the three biggest alliances? Or just say it in emain cg? Or just near the portal?

The problem isn't a big alliance, it's apathy.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Asha
hmm and if there isn't an officer on?

Anyhow, it's not going to happen. How hard is it to msg 1 person in each of the three biggest alliances? Or just say it in emain cg? Or just near the portal?

The problem isn't a big alliance, it's apathy.
Aye I suppose. Was only an idea anyway. Think everyone knows one big alliance would never work. :)

I

Ialkarn

I don't see any utility on a big alleance:we are all naturally allied cause we play in the same realm.
Do you want organise a large event involving all the major guilds? make a chat whit the gm/officers of those guilds.

A big /as for faster reports? I don't see any problem since via /pm /cg /as you can contact all the major guilds in a minute or two.

I think guilds whit similar goals/attitudes/background/feeling should be allied togheter.

It's exactly the reason cause HB/BF/GOL feel well in the same alleance,cause they are ,more or less,similar.

What it's the point in an /as where no one can talk or were you can't say shit about rvr even't cause you are scared to be spyed ?

I guess some ppl aren't happy of their own alleances and they think it's generalized,when prolly it's not.

A

Appollo

Nope, wasnt enuf banana's for everyone...

B

Bellona

Originally posted by Aussie-
I just wonder when albs are gonna realise epicarmor and casters sux .

watch my new pala come to rescue albion.. :eek7:

B

bob007

Originally posted by wolfofslaughter
Seems like there is some kind of elitist attitude starting up in this realm which is sad when you think about it. This whole you got to be rr5 to be considered good enough to lotto for certain items or join certain groups is kinda judgementil and does not help our realm as much as it hinders it.

It's a game after all and some people have less time to play there characters because of work/girlfriend/ life in genral. While others who may not work or be on there school holidays right now have all the time in the world to play the game and go rvr.

Also certain classes/ specs find it easyer to get groups in emain and earn realm points in the first place.

Point is we should not be so dam bloody judementil it is that that divides our realm and makes us weak. We should be trying to help our realm become stronger by working together not shuning them who may be less experienced then ourselves or have less time to go rvr.

Help each other in rvr to work together better, give advise instaed of just flaming them because that helps NO ONE.

I ant sure why albion tends to be so dam disorganised and hatefull to each other but i bet its because of 3 things...

1. certain peoples egos
2. selfishness
3. immaturity

anyone else think we got too many guilds who dont group up to with each other due too 1 or 2 people hating each other?

The state of our realm on this server is stupid maybe we could learn alittle tolerance?

Ok as this post has been up before (many times) and i never posted. Think i'll post on this 1. So on that note, From the top.....

RR5 Thing and (guessing its directed at) Sidi.
Theres a thread on this ( Here ) Always best to keep these in the same place, But the rule is there and its your choice to go or not. If peeps don't go, Apoc won't die, Weapons won't drop, No rule is enforced.

Its a game thing.
Yes Its a game, Some poeple (shock) play for fun, I've played online games for a while and i've always said, If its not fun, why play it ? This should apply more to a game thats costing you money. Am pretty sure when Outlaw (Sry to pick on you :p) shouts "SEE ME FREEZE!!" he Laughing in rl. Fun.....

Classes and specs.
In life theres a tool for every job, You wouldn't use a hammer to saw a piece of wood, The same as you wouldn't use a pin hammer to hammer in a 6" nail. Right tools for the right job. If in game you want to play a certain class/spec and must don't see it as a viable aspect of their group configoration (sp?), Then thats the way it is, Poeple are free to choose there spec, as poeple are free to choose there group members.

Ok I'll cover the bit from "Point is we should not be so dam bloody judementil" to the list of 3 here as most poeple have stopped reading all ready.

Poeple are judgemental, You yourself just proved it by posting, I just did it by replying. You think poeple are wrong for picking a class/spec over someone else, But at the end of the day, its up to them, Freedom of choice.. Realm isn't devided, Ok poeple flame or dislike each other. Wildfire (sry to pick on you as well :p) Dislikes some members of fc and discounts them from his raids, Its his raid, his rules, If you've been to 1, your fueling his arguement. But i bet good money, If fc were on a relic/keep take and Wildfire could help swing that in there favour, He would. Poeple flame each other, every forums for every game. But herbal/lac showed how much its devided us. I have a slight (only slight honest :) ) dislike for someone that organised that raid, But when thay said "do this, when this happens", I didn't go "ffs am not doing that, bla bla flame flame" I did it, Coz i knew it was the right thing to do at that time, And it was what they requested of my guild and me.

if your still reading, :clap:

Advise in rvr, I think you've covered this yourself, Poeple try to say this class/spec works best. (at the end of the day, it comes down to class/spec and how its played) Poeple flame back, I want to play this way. Poeple can only offer advice from what they know, If you decide to spec a paladin or arms different from the norm, Only you can advice you coz only you are playing that spec.

"1. certain peoples egos
2. selfishness
3. immaturity"

There is no were on the box that excludes poeple with ego's or are selfish or imature from playing this game. The abilty to take what they say/do with a "pinch of salt" or just ignore it completly comes from within. outlaw's (sry i keep picking on you, :D ) See me freeze may seem to some as an ego thing, But it makes me laugh, Hell whats not funny about 20 hibgards getting froozen to the spot :D, Some poeple may say/do different things, If it effects you to much, put them on ignore, If you can't and it still effects you, Maybe take a break from the game itself. Return later and have some fun.

"anyone else think we got too many dam alliences?"
I don't..

"anyone else think we got too many guilds who dont group up to with each other due too 1 or 2 people hating each other?"

Actualy i think we only have a few, When i started playing Tribes 2 you should of seen the hatred there. for a realm with a population cloose on 1000 ppl, i would say we doing pretty well, :clap: Albion.

"The state of our realm on this server is stupid maybe we could learn alittle tolerance? "

Agreed totaly, Close thread, Ask Mod to delete, It does nothing but add fuel to a burning fire.

Lastly, If you've read this far (omg you must be nuts) Thanks for reading, The short of this post is this below.

Poeple are free to pick and do what ever they want within the bounds of the game and its coc/eula, Poeple are free to have fun in what ever way they want within the bounds of the coc/eula. poeple are free to voice there opinions in game (within the bounds of the coc/eula) And on that games related forums (within the bounds of that forums rules). Free.

Have fun, Play to enjoy your time, and smile :)

C

Coim-

Re: Re: State of our realm

Originally posted by bob007
Have fun, Play to enjoy your time, and smile :)
Best sentence i've ever seen on BW. At the end of the day it's just a game.

Users who are viewing this thread