Orin Askhammare

3 pages in and already laughing my *beep* off! :clap:

S

SFXman

LOL, nice comics :D

But isn't there a game by this name?

O

old.Kahless

LOL, makes me wonder tho how many will drop DAoC for SWG when it arrives.....

S

SFXman

I don't know, zero?
I myself couldn't give a rats ass about it :)
Although I did book tickets for the Episode II early showing on the 16th, but that was just for the hell of it since I had money at that moment. Man I love handing money to a friend who has been in line days before already :D

B

Brinx

All I'll say is that if people think GOA are bad, they're going to get quite a shock playing what's undoubtably going to be the kiddie MMORPG for quite a while and under Verant's tarnished wing ;)

L

Lam

I for one am going to give swg a try but i'll never leave daoc.
I just love this game too much (let's hope GOA doesn't screw up a patch that makes me hate the game :) )

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Brinx
All I'll say is that if people think GOA are bad, they're going to get quite a shock playing what's undoubtably going to be the kiddie MMORPG for quite a while and under Verant's tarnished wing ;)
Hehe, most likely. Wonder how many people will play Jar Jar Binks' :D

Originally posted by Lamagra
I just love this game too much (let's hope GOA doesn't screw up a patch that makes me hate the game)
Well GOA won't screw-up patches since all they do is translate and since you are on the english side you will be getting the US patches as they are, without OGA interference of any sort.
Only thing GOA could do is screw-up some patching process but that just reuslts in downtime, nothing much really.

H

Heish

Man those comics cracked me up. :D can't wait till they create some more.

L

Lam

Originally posted by SFXman

Well GOA won't screw-up patches since all they do is translate and since you are on the english side you will be getting the US patches as they are, without OGA interference of any sort.
Only thing GOA could do is screw-up some patching process but that just reuslts in downtime, nothing much really.

I'm aware of that too, i was just being a little sarcastic in my previous post. Who can blame me for that with goa anyway :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Lamagra

I'm aware of that too, i was just being a little sarcastic in my previous post. Who can blame me for that with goa anyway :)
Sarcastic again, now I believe the statement you made in the other thread that you are oftne sarcastic :D

Q

Quemine

For me, DAoC is just a warmup for SWG. That game will have more things to do than just whack things all the time.

Feeling thirsty? Go to the cantina, better yet start one yourself!

Want to explore? Well, then you have about 9 planets so far, each of them about DAoC maps size.

Homesick? Why don't you build yourself a little hut, or a base whatever.

Fit for fight? Aye, join in on the galactic civil war...

Don't want to fight? How about crafting? Or hairstyling? Or pie-baking? Or... you get the point...

Pick up the lewt! Best items in the game will be player crafted, gnorts won't drop blasters...

You can just go on and on... Can hardly wait for it! Just another 6 months... :)

http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com

O

old.VooVoo

Well I only joined DaoC to get a feel for how MMO's work and run, i'm waiting for SWG because from all the previews and reading throught the offical site theres alot of work going into SWG, i think it'll be a crucial game because if they screw up all the Star Wars fan's will kill them :p

But i'm not going to give up DaoC as soon as SWG arrives on the scene theres bound to be teething problems at frist and being able to come back to DaoC will be a nice change.

Personally i think SWG will be a good success, i could be wrong, i never liked EQ from what i played of it, i came to DaoC beta and loved it and stay here playing. if SWG turns out to be a fancy name and still plays like EQ i'll be slightly miffed. but until its released we can only sepeculate.

and that Comic is actually pretty damn funny :)

S

SFXman

Hmm, but is Star Wars, it could be ganked by Jar Jar Binks' and then you'd have all these R2 D2's along with C3PO's running around begging for whatever the hell the currency in star wars was again.
If it is filled with little kids just bceause it is star wars, no thanks. If they have an open beta or free download period or something I might try it but I most certainly will never pay to try that game, if it is VERY VERY VERY good I might just buy it and play.... who knows. BUt for now DAoC is enough and if that has a monthly fee (most likely) and I like it I got to get rid of my 34 month UO account (I just CAN'T do it even though I quit playing it... :( ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom