Starting up... again?

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
hey all, I've not been active on daoc for a long, long while! Used to be a heavy regular years back

wouldn't mind a daoc fix! thinking of rolling a infil on alb, doing some solo frontiers roaming, is it worth it? as a generally casual player how long would it take to get myself up and running to actualy be competitive?

being honest, i've not really played since the release of cata

are all the servers clustered european and american, from what i've had a look at this is the case!

I'm really looking at coming back for nostalgia reasons, as daoc was my first mmo which I played for years I have the best memories and met some really fantastic people who unfortunately im not in contact with anymore, looking at going back and visiting the places I spent alot of time in/have the most memories of

still remember being at prydwen bridge waiting for a high level wiz/theurg to pass by and give me a dmg buff on my lowbie alt so I could level super fast.. till they nerfed it ;)

im in the mood for roaming mithra, and barrows!

thanks for the help!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
XP'ing has been made a lot easier and if you got access to some chars with bountypoints (basically when you have RvR'ed on them) you can get ML's without spending a second in any TOA-dungeon ;)

Regarding gearing: You can get artifacts from Bountypoints as well (or buy them from someone who has BPs - you can also buy Masterlevels that way) and dragon-gear is obtainable by farming 'scales' which drop in Avalon City.

All-in-all it has been made *alot* easier. And if you are not aiming to be 'super competative' you can be back on track really fast.

Soloing is tough tho, the attitude on Ywain (the new supercluster for US and EU) is mostly about 'getting RP any way possible' so expect to be zerged, added, vultured and outskilled a lot of times. But it is possible by going to XP-spots or being careful at choak-points.

And it's always fun to come back and see those old instances which bring back memories :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
XP'ing has been made a lot easier and if you got access to some chars with bountypoints (basically when you have RvR'ed on them) you can get ML's without spending a second in any TOA-dungeon ;)

Regarding gearing: You can get artifacts from Bountypoints as well (or buy them from someone who has BPs - you can also buy Masterlevels that way) and dragon-gear is obtainable by farming 'scales' which drop in Avalon City.

All-in-all it has been made *alot* easier. And if you are not aiming to be 'super competative' you can be back on track really fast.

Soloing is tough tho, the attitude on Ywain (the new supercluster for US and EU) is mostly about 'getting RP any way possible' so expect to be zerged, added, vultured and outskilled a lot of times. But it is possible by going to XP-spots or being careful at choak-points.

And it's always fun to come back and see those old instances which bring back memories :)

Concur on everything bar the outskilled part.
Unless turning everything possible to you favour is called skills nowadays ^^

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
Thank you for the advice so far, i will take it on board!

launching the agme and listening to the loading/char selection screen music blasts back so many things :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Wa waaaaaaaaa wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

YouTube - DAOC Theme Song

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Thats a great link Puppet! :)

Reminds me why I always miss DAOC and why when I long in again and hear that tune I feel sad and happy at the same time to be back at my online home.

That made me wonder - does anyone have the full sound track anywhere?

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
had a quick go last night before bed, amazing to be back!

few questions on what i've seen so far :)

i've noticed there are no starter classes anymore and I start as an infil straight away? nice! also my hp and endurance regen seems big, i'm guessing this balances its self out eventually and is there to help new players?

my main idea was to just farm dungeon tasks to level quickly, is this the best way? as i remember no loot dropping from these mobs in the instances and gearing my character may be quite difficult. im looking forward to going to thidranki at 24, but curious on what the best tactic is to get some decent gear for this stage? is farming seals the best bet? (i forgot their real name!)

thanks again :)

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
DF (and i think the classic dungeons) have had thier items upgraded.
DF (Emerald Seals) and Catacombs (Aurulites) gives the most common starter gear.
Frontiers / BG's (and DF) have highest XP bonus, but as solo without BB i guess TD's are the easiest :)
Good luck and have fun out there :cool:

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
or u can always bugg twoeye to pl u :D

Pfft my Alb chars are so dusty that they are almost stuck behind all that crap.
Also only 2 of my alb chars that have a up-to-date template, BUT on mid and Hib tho ;)

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
thanks for the previous advice peeps :)

my inf is currently 47 and i've 3 or so days left on my trial, going to try and hit 50 before it ends and probably sub for a month and see how it goes!

im looking at templates now but pritty clueless on alot of things it's been so long. should i look at gaining my champion levels first? if so whats the quickest way?

can i solo the artifacts that i need to get, like shades of mist? when i took a trip to atlantis the other day i was kinda running around like a headless chicken not know where to go or what to do!

when i played toa before i remember there being a map pack or something you could download that gave locations of everything like the MLs and artifact locations on the map, is this still around? I've searched but can't seem to find anything. is there any resource at all around thats up to date giving into on how to get artis?

when i hit 50 i should hvae around 5 plat, if this may make a difference? :)

imba amount of questions and like before i appreicate any help :)

Salvion

One of Freddy's beloved
thanks for the previous advice peeps :)

my inf is currently 47 and i've 3 or so days left on my trial, going to try and hit 50 before it ends and probably sub for a month and see how it goes!

im looking at templates now but pritty clueless on alot of things it's been so long. should i look at gaining my champion levels first? if so whats the quickest way?

can i solo the artifacts that i need to get, like shades of mist? when i took a trip to atlantis the other day i was kinda running around like a headless chicken not know where to go or what to do!

when i played toa before i remember there being a map pack or something you could download that gave locations of everything like the MLs and artifact locations on the map, is this still around? I've searched but can't seem to find anything. is there any resource at all around thats up to date giving into on how to get artis?

when i hit 50 i should hvae around 5 plat, if this may make a difference? :)

imba amount of questions and like before i appreicate any help :)

As for temp i have no idea but check VN board out (VN Boards - Albion Stealther Professions)

Gear you can get either from "the old way" doing enconunter and grind xp, but the way you can do is either IF you have a char with Bountypoints and buy some gear, artis, arti scrolls and MLs, you can also buy this with "Atlantean Glass" that drops of mobs in Toa.
And last new currency is Scales from malmo (in Mid not sure its the same name in alb?)
The scales buy Dragondrops.

Im not sure this is that helpfull but only been back for a couple of weeks my self.

Good luck!

Afran

Part of the furniture
I suggest having someone help you with the artifacts you require on alb, I'd offer help myself but I don't have any char on alb capable of soloing the artis really (non-ml9 sorc qq) and have no bounty points to buy em for you :< Doing the artis & mls the old way would really be boring imo ^^

As for champion levels, they're not really worth focusing on until you're otherwise RvR ready, even then as an assassin I would not. However you can always start the labyrinth chain, I believe your class trainer tells you who to talk to, the npc in question will offer you several quests most of which aren't worth doing nowadays, just note it's not the level 30/35 one, I don't remember the name of the first quest in chain though, Infernal Investigations or something? Every step up until actually having to enter labyrinth is worth it imo, as you'll get about 4 champion levels in a couple hours for it. Be sure to talk to the king in camelot when you hit 50 so you start gaining clxp while doing stuff.

I use eggisohwyn's UI, there's also Bob's which is the more popular one. These both have a lot of customization options and include the maps you desire.

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
alrite cool thank you :)

so i can get artifacts, the enounters and the scrolls all through bounty points? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom