Starting over on Mid

Garfen

Fledgling Freddie
Me and a friend has decided to leave the empty Glast now and give toa a new chance.
But we have no idea how grp:s in rvr looks like, what the realm lacks, which classes who has been gimped etc. As it was like over 1,5 years ago we played on Exc.
So a little help on those 3 things would be great.

We have some thoughts of rolling a Zerker, but as we both oldies want some nice RVR we dont wanne roll a class that none grp want ;)

/Thx in advance
Garfen

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
Garfen said:
Me and a friend has decided to leave the empty Glast now and give toa a new chance.
But we have no idea how grp:s in rvr looks like, what the realm lacks, which classes who has been gimped etc. As it was like over 1,5 years ago we played on Exc.
So a little help on those 3 things would be great.

We have some thoughts of rolling a Zerker, but as we both oldies want some nice RVR we dont wanne roll a class that none grp want ;)

/Thx in advance
Garfen

'zerk still pretty popular RvR class so you should be okay with that. Depends whether you're looking for set fg (which might not be looking for 2 'zerks) or something less fixed.

Garfen

Fledgling Freddie
kk..
well how does the fixed grp:s looks like now?
would you recomend another duo instead of the zerker?. or even another class? :)

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm not best qualified to speak about set fg's. I am aware however that we seem to be particularly short of healers atm in Mid. I don't think there's a set fg ever been formed that would run with less than 2 of these in the grp (one pac/mend and one mend/aug at a minimum). Don't know if this appeals to you though, or whether you're fixed on playing a tank (or possibly hybrid?).

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
There are still zerkers being used for their BL ect. Kvadi is right when he say that we could use more healers.

Garfen

Fledgling Freddie
Ye ofc the always lack of healers, think it will never end.
But as it looks like now we are going for some kind of tank/hybrid, as we want a pretty easy way to 50 without always have to inv other people and tried the healerway before :)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Tank/hybrid,

If ya like zerker duo Zerker/Valkyrie. Certainly with next patch its an awesome duo. A force to be reckoned with :pU can make the valkyrie more offensive with Spear/Parry, or Defensive with Shield/Sword. And the sword styles get nice updates with nice DD's.

Garfen

Fledgling Freddie
ye sounds like a nice one..
Valkyrie got any chance in pvp and any chance to get grp:s? Both pve raids and pvp grps

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Well after next patch valk get's the mend line so will be nice both PvE and PvP allso the reason that zerk/valk duo will be nice.

Zerk is still the prefered melee in grps and some run 2 in grp.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
and valks get groups to , tx to interupt shearing ect

and with mend next patch

Garfen

Fledgling Freddie
Oki. thankx alot for the help guys :)..
we decided to try the valk/zerk duo.
Now just next problem, how to spec the valk, have read some posts, but there are like 10 different specs, so doesent make me any smarter :p
If ya have any nice suggestions, feel free to post them, all help is apriciated

Anyway, hope to see ya in pvp later on ;)

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Atm as U lvl it wont matter much as U will get a respec next patch.

Think ppl will need to play around abit to find out if what they decided on pre patch is really viable.

Spear valk r funny and live of proc much (those valk spear styles r neat) so a fast spear. Thats for roleplay PvE untill next patch ;P

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
valk/aug haler... valk/skald duo's will be damn nice :)

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
personnaly i d recommand the valk over the zerker. both got charge, both do nice domage.... but the valk got the area of effect stuff that zerker don' t have.

asking for class that we lack ?

shaman, i think we miss them even more than healers, one of the spinebone of the group in matter of interrupting and assist in any group.

besides the duo will allow you to spec spear on valk wich is impossible without a shamy due to endurence sucking issue.

a PuG will always be happy with a valk + shamy. brings loads of interrupt, and some dps.

gohan

FH is my second home
valk spear spec is fotm but unless u got an end 5 shammy it owns endurance :p im respecing mine to sword/slam because of the end cos of spear :< get 4 styles off (2-3 of witch are blocked parried an evaded due to elite valk WS) then ooe

Chance

Loyal Freddie
imo savage/skald duo savage for that evul dmg + backstyle(hand2hand) and skald for speed :drink:

Garfen

Fledgling Freddie
well the spec aint easy.. seen like alof of them ;p nd everyone says differnt.. but only way is to try a few and see what ya like.. so guess it will be like that starting with spear i guess. as its abit unique for the valk :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom