Starting out!

W

Warp-crazy

Hey, the game should be arriving in the post tommorow. Just wondering any helpfull tips about starting out, like what to spend certs on? Or which faction to join?

Thanks

F

fyraie

Hope you enjoy it!

All 3 factions are fun, and you can create on any server, so feel free to try em all - the folks here are mainly divided into VS and NC (the latter being the greatest, of course).

Certs are up to you, and u can forget them and retrain, so again feel free to dabble. For random squads and a quick start in the game, a galaxy cert and med assault is where I guess a lot of people will start. Once in an outfit, gal becomes less of a priority, as each outfit will have their own preferred way of getting around. Medium assault for a nice gun, reinforced armour is useful for staying upright, or a hacking/med cert for utility.

HAve fun!

S

Scooba Da Bass

Do the training, use the weaps in vr. Work out what you enjoy/want to do, check a cert term and work out the route.

T

Tenko

As Angel aint on to do her VS spammage I'd suggest joing the Vanu.

Why because many people think our weapons are the worst and were often under populated.

.... and we rock :)

The Sovereign Guard is a large grp of BW players, many of whom (but not all) played Dark Age of Camelot.

For certs, in any empire, its up to you. What do you like?

I'd suggest trying everyting out. Drivers, flyers, close/medium/long range shooters, MAXs and Heavy weapon guys.

To be honest it dont matter what you do as you can change your mind as often as you want, dropping one cert everyday.

Whatever you do don't join the Terrans. Full of wankers :D

T

thefunkrocket

Often Under populated?

Looking at the map on the official site I'd, unfortunately, say VS are the most populated, that or you are all far to 31337 for me :)

Anyway are there that many VS as when I get the game I was planning to join VS as they're who I played and loved them, but if the Teams are as unbalanced as the map on the site suggests I may have to rethink which team I join

T

Tenko

It ain't numbers and it ain't the power of the VS weapons, its the quality of the guilds.

Probably due to the type of player who choses the side which according to everyone, has the (slightly) weaker weapons.

edit: Oh and I aint bragging about how good I am as a player, just the outfits as a whole. check this thread out for how elite my "skillz" are :p

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63667

Users who are viewing this thread