Starting new char after long break..any ideas?

D

dodgygeezer

After reality set in that life, work, relationships and all that bollocks is really overrated, I have decided to give this another crack.

So having been away for 6 or so months and not really played Alb, are there any suggestions as to which are good balanced chars out there. Yes I am actually going to start from scratch and try enjoy the game pve, but dont want to be totally doomed in rvr.

Things that caught my eye are mincer and reaver, and possibly some sort of caster type.

Ideas would be appreciated as I am strangely looking forward to returning.

O

old.GeForce

paladin if you wanna be a tank tbh, good at RvR & PvE

although minis are also fun

E

Eroda

A mincer is a good idea imo, u'll always be welcome in groups, can have fun climbing up walls of keeps and can also solo if need be.

I wouldn't roll a caster because its a tanks game atm. Although i still have alot of fun in rvr and in particular keep defences, a caster simply cant withstand assisting savage groups unless your in a very good group.

C

cHodAX

Reaver, Mincer, Merc or Pally and you can't really go wrong. They are all usually welcome in RvR groups although noob reavers who spam ae dd and break mezz usually end up blacklisted ;) Same goes for PvE really.

A

Alyssania

I suggest you wont take paladin.

Merc, mini or friar would be my choice.

D

dodgygeezer

Thanks for info :) If i can get the spec right without too much auto training then Reaver it shall be!

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by dodgygeezer
Thanks for info :) If i can get the spec right without too much auto training then Reaver it shall be!

Spec reaver either crush or thrust and let it auto train, respec to flex at 40.

V

vestax

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Spec reaver either crush or thrust and let it auto train, respec to flex at 40.

And miss out the joys of using indigo snake while xping?!?! are you insane? :p

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by vestax
And miss out the joys of using indigo snake while xping?!?! are you insane? :p

Balls to exp, extra points for parry mean more in the end ;) Must admit though, indgo is a beaut :)

D

dodgygeezer

aaargh, this is what I thought would happen.....giving up the the good styles etc for ending up with a good uber spec. Did it with my sb, autoed him to 48 and missed out on a lot of fun.

I have a few mates on alb who will help me pl etc but want to enjoy doing quests etc, not just the rush to 50.

Back to the drawing board heh. Only starting char next week sometime, so no major rush. Now what was that merc spec again? ;)

I

ilum

Mercenary - Train crush to 40 and respec it away - or all the way and use a stone. Thrust seems to be considered best at the moment - I'd advice picking Briton so you have a versatile race with no setbacks should things change later :). No real problem with autotraining, doing it to 44 just gives you 31 parry instead of 30. Very nice class that is considered the most viable RvR tank atm.

Cleric - nice class that Albion could use a few extras of.

Minstrel - also a cool class, lots of learn and abilities to play with, every group needs one, but is also a good stealther.

H

Heffer

dont make a paladin as theres shitloads around.....reaver has no det so forever doomed in rvr......mincer is good idea.

But before all that pApa cHo has to suck my nuts!

Users who are viewing this thread