Starting attribute distribution errors

Ulrych

Fledgling Freddie
I made my troll warrior with 15str and 10con start bonus.

I get my SC sorted, buff up and find I am 5str short off of what I was expecting.

I RightNow it and explain to them whats up, they reply by the evening saying I had put 10str con dex and that its not possible to edit attributes afterwards.

I know for a fact I did 15str and 10con, as I had made plans with 2 other mates to do some farming with our warriors. They were gonna hold agro and cross guard whilst I use my innate higher WS to land more hits (use higher WS to get through evade/parry/misses) and use 2hander.

Anyone had this problem (attributes redistributing themselves) ?
Has it been resolved by GOA or did they refute it and say you were mistaken?

Chilly

Balls of steel
Ulrych said:
I made my troll warrior with 15str and 10con start bonus.

I get my SC sorted, buff up and find I am 5str short off of what I was expecting.

I RightNow it and explain to them whats up, they reply by the evening saying I had put 10str con dex and that its not possible to edit attributes afterwards.

I know for a fact I did 15str and 10con, as I had made plans with 2 other mates to do some farming with our warriors. They were gonna hold agro and cross guard whilst I use my innate higher WS to land more hits (use higher WS to get through evade/parry/misses) and use 2hander.

Anyone had this problem (attributes redistributing themselves) ?
Has it been resolved by GOA or did they refute it and say you were mistaken?
sounds to me like you plain mis-remember it tbh.

goa/mythic have always statyed that starting stats are fixed in stone soon as u choose em.

Tbh, 5 str...who cares?

Your moaning about 5str and a few WS, i made an avalonian sorc with char, dex, con, str and emp ffs.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Count yourself lucky, I only wish I could have thought I had put +18 pie on my Norse Healer :(

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
I have had this problem myself.

I looked through my chars and 1 or 2 of them had starting stats that I never ever would've put myself. ( 6 str, 10 con, 7 pie and 7 qui on shaman? I always, without exception do 10/10/10 or 15/10 and always have done so ) Also heard others that had experienced similar things.

Anyway, I was talking with Ulrych via MSN at the time he made his warrior ( it wasn't long ago, so not that hard to remember ) and we did say 15 str, 10 con and he confirmed it at creation.

Does it matter? Well, 5 str might not matter all that much; but it's beside the point. If there's some bug in the character handling system that at random ( seldom as it might be ) changes starting stats to as it sees fit; then it does matter.

As for "not possible to edit starting attributes afterwards"; that's simply not true. It is possible, but they don't want to do it since people would abuse it. ( thus easier to just say it isn't possible )

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
ive put qui and some int on my cleric :>
few pie and dex and con too tho :D

Ulrych

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly, why bother having a go in a thread that is trying to find others in a similar situation?

5str and a few ws is beside the point. I pay my subs to play the game how I want, and I wanted 15str 10con on my warrior. Its been altered and will not be addressed.
If you had items/money missing from your character(s) you'd want them replaced by whomever took them, wouldn't you?

I know of two other people that have had this problem (Whisperess and a fellow guildmate of mine), the guildmate also knows of/has heard of other people in a similar situation.

As I already said in my opening post, I know for a fact I did 15str 10con. I would not 'mis-remember' (thats called being mistaken), not only because I had pre-arranged it but it was a small subject for a while with Whisperess via MSN.

Also, you made your sorc and put those stats in yourself. I never did 10/10/10, as I said I put in 15str 10con, nothing else.

Chilly

Balls of steel
wasnt having a go mate, was just pointing out its not a big deal and other have it muchos worse - albeit thru their own stupidity.

I apreciate you put 15/10 in and it gave you other crap, but how are you calculating the starting stats? is theres a specific raise to certain stats from going 1-50 thats known for all classes? It strikes me that if you did indeed put 10/15 in then it probably stuck and the formula your using to work it out from a level 50s stats is incorrect - although iv never done such a thing so i wouldnt know. Failing that, GOA should really look into it. And if they say you put 10/10/10 in or wotever else they say then not a great deal anyone can do rly as they cant (or wont) be changed.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It's easy to work out what your final stats at 50 should be. Take the basic stat line for your race, add 45 to the primary stat, 23 to the secondary stat and 15 to the tertiary stat. The difference between these numbers and your actual naked and unbuffed stats is where you put your starting points.
You can see what the base racial stat lines as well as what the primary, secondary and tertiary stats for each class are here.

As far as the game redistributing points is concerned, I really can't see it happening to be brutally honest. Yes I know that's what you're expecting me to say however I'll qualify it a bit.
If your starting stats got jumbled and reorganised then that's basically a database corruption issue. I'd find it odd that something so specific got corrupted while still obeying the basic character creation rules (i.e. 30 starting points with a 2 for 1 cost from 11-15) and assigning them to stats which potentially you could have assigned them to anyway. I'd agree if you'd created a fully opted Warrior and logged him in to find he had +18 Empathy, that it would be suspicious but +10 str/dex/con isn't all that rare at all for a pure melee class.
There is no mechanism in the game which can adjust your basic stat points except for the process of gaining a level.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
add 45 to the primary stat
Well that could be the problem if he expected 50 from levelling: since you do not get stat gains when levelling from 1-5. Its the only obvious explanation for being out by 5 if he is certain he put in 15/10 at creation.

But since GOA replied to say he put the points in as 10/10/10 it makes no sense ;)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I have this problem as well.
I am sure i put 10 str 10 con 10 dex on my sb at character creation, but found out after a while that i instead had 15 dex and 10 qui. I contacted RightNow and they checked logs etc and told me that they could not find any point at which my stats had been what i told them they had been :(

So i dunno, im still pretty damn sure i would never put 15 dex 10 qui on a shadowblade (its pretty gimpy since dex does almost nothing for a sb, only 50% of evade rate bonus if even that, and str is so important for a pure str-weaponbased class) and on top of that i never put 15 in a stat on any character i make cause i prefer to spread out 10/10/10 to gain max benefit.

Not much i can do, i have to accept my slightly gimped sb and make the best of it, just wish GOA had been alil more accomodating, its not as if it would hurt anyone if i got the pts adjusted to what im sure they should be, and i would be happier with my character.

Ulrych

Fledgling Freddie
I used the character builder v2 from catacombs website
http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?Warrior

If you add 15 to str and 10 to con, then level it to 50 it says: 160str 103con 50dex

Also if you to it 1 through to 5 you'll notice that str/con/dex doesn't raise until AFTER level five.

So 160str base.

My naked troll has a base of 155 :/ which means at char creation I 'would' (stress the would bit), have done 10str/con/dex, which, as I've already said I didn't do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom