Start Times

G

greendemon

Hi,
I know you have a lot of teams to organize, and your doing a fine job! But I would like to offer this suggestion:
How about if each clan had the opportunity to list their desired match start times in order of preference?
e.g.

1st Choice 20:00
2nd Choice 21:00
3rd Choice 19:00

This could be a one-off thing that each clan does when they register for the league. Then the League organizers could take this into account when scheduling matches.
Just a thought.

Also, as week 2 has been postponed, can I ask if there is a mechanism for changing start times? My clan is scheduled for a 19:00 match - I suspect I'll cobble a team together somehow, but a 20:00/21:00 start would help! Is there a way I can request this?

Thanks for your time,

[MCP]GreenDemon.

O

old.Bad Brains

Well all that would be a nice option for everyone agreed.
But sofar everything looks very organized to me and i'm sure things will improve for the better.
I know how much trouble it is to start let alone run a league and trust me it is not an easy job.
First off you need dedicated admins to help out in all kinds off situtions.
They prolly need more admins I know i'm thinking about it.

I'm sure the starting times will change over time, for the time being as long as there are referee's and they are sorting inactive clans i'm more than happy about it.

Good job all.

B

bigbb

It would be nice to be able to offer this option for clan's but logistical nightmare involved means it's just impossible.

In the hypothetical situation of your clan greedemon, i'll try and voice the opposing argument to this idea. Say your clan wanted to play at 21:00, you find that 60 out of the 72 participating clans also want to play at this, the most popular slot. The organisation team have to select only 12 clans per night who can play at that time. The headache begins and the admins decide to select clans with a logical reason why they should have that time slot. Emails are exchanged, requests are processed over weeks. Finally the most popular slot of 21:00 is filled and the process repeats itself for the second most popular slot, 20:00. An unlucky 12 clans for each night are left with 19:00.

The problem now begins with clans at the 19:00 slot feeling they want to have the 21:00 slot, "it's not fair they've had it for this long". The whole process then becomes void with clans having to move slots anyway, so others can get the prime slots.

Clans may then want to change their time, who do you select to change their match with? The problem arises here with the batch system of which is the way we fixture clans.

It just gets immensely complicated for very little advantage. I do think it would be great where we've got the time and logistics to implement such a strategy, but that time isn't here yet. I do see why you'd want it, as would I, but the problems far outweigh and potential advantage.

For your request on match times, read the Help part I added yesterday of 'Can I change my match time?' on, http://leagues.barrysworld.net/bwrtcwl/help.php.

O

old.Bad Brains

Admins

Do u need some?
Email me if so..

Users who are viewing this thread