Star Wars Galaxies

S

sheepsteak

Well hopefully you read the news on the front page. I've been waiting for this game for ages and I'll be buggered if I wait for the stinky euro release. I can't pre-order from the Lucasart site as they only ship to the US for this game. Plus Lucasarts are keeping tabs on the number of copies sold so they don't overload the servers. I suppose in a nutshell I'm asking where the hell I can get this game from. Please help.

N

nath

Oh man, it looks really really rpgey.

I've never really known how to play rpg's properly, I tried everquest for a month or so, couldn't play it to save my life. Had no idea what to do. Same goes for that futuristic style one, forget the name. Is galaxies gunna be the same, I really hoped it'd be more accessible..

C

CptDoom

It is an RPG but differs to normall mmorpgs as its made a hell of a lot simpler and a hell of a lot more easy to get to grips with..

For instance, there is no levels at all, you have proficiences that go up in level but all your base hit points etc stay the same.

I really like what they are doing to this game, the faq on www.starwarsgalaxies.com makes in interesting read considering the design objctives are constantly being met

C

CptDoom

Well this is good and bad news, US release is the 26th, and there is no uk release date atm but i wouldnt want to pay for a game that is still so heavily riddled with bugs, starwars or not.

The game is excellent but not ready for release by any stretch of the imagination

P

plightstar

Try Play.com u can pre-order it from there.

Also how much is STG a month?

S

sheepsteak

Originally posted by CptDoom
You could be a jammy bastard like me that got a key from someone in the beta....

I hate you.

Play.com have it down as a 18/7 release for UK so I might wait that extra time and get it then so that they can work some of these bugs out. I still have trouble sleeping after getting Anarchy Online at launch *shiver*

Here's the pricing from IGN.com

There are four subscription plans in store for the game. Once the initial free month is up, monthly subscribers will be charged $14.99 per month of play. You can buy three month's worth of play for only $14.00 per month and a full six-month membership for $13.00 per month. The biggest savings of all come from the yearly membership which comes in at a modest $12.00 per month.

C

Cdr

ahem CptDoom, does that not go against the NDA?

Ahem ahem? Ahem.

C

CptDoom

Yeah i just realised yesterday it does :D

Still im kinda rock'n'roll so i dont mind and anyway they are only mugshots of me.

Ahem

Still according to the NDA i am not even allowed to talk about it, so bugger them

S

sheepsteak

The NDA is supposed to be up in under 24 hours anyway. More screens and is it worth buying in its present state?

C

CptDoom

No its not worth buying in its current state imho, what we have here is a very promising game and i hope by the time it gets released in the uk its all ironed out (hell ill buy it anyway) with the bugs etc.

As for screens i am going to waste 5 days of my life as of sunday playing pretty heavily so ill oblige then

S

sheepsteak

Considering we get treated like the Third World when it comes to release dates and games being released in general, I'm sure you won't be surprised to learn that its scheduled for a 4th Quarter release over here. I'm just going to import I think as I want it too much.

S

Skyler

SWG is far far below the rest of the overcrowded MMORPG market offerings.. It will only survive because of George Lucas' loyal band of Star Wars loving saps.. It's a very poor game compared to other MMORPG's, it just doesnt cut the mustard... Oh and it's got more serious bug problems than your average backstreet Indian (cockroach reference, allbeit a poor one...).

UO & EQ > DAoC > The rest kinda get jumbled into a shoddy heap of crap ;p

DAoC is the best of a bad bunch... EQ and UO still reign supreme as they have done for the past 6 years... Nothing has come close so far.. Will anything? Doubt it..

P

plightstar

I'll think I will wait for World Of Warcraft and Warhammer Online

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom