Stange bug - Players / Mobs going invisible

I

ilum

I've experienced a bug today that basically has been going on for a few hours now, I tried rebooting/relogging to fix it but no good.

The problem is that Players - Albs/Hib/Mid alike go invisible and so does mobs - maybe not all of them, but a few. Even if they hit me I still can't target nor see them.

This happened to both my comps same time (player comp and buffbot comp) so it cant be any silly US patch I think.

Anyone else experienced this?

O

old.Mellin

Yes, had mobs dissapear and kill me twice w/o being able to target. This happened around 04:00-05:30 last monday in DF on Prydwen.

T

Tesla Monkor

I had that once in Malmo - everything went invisible, mobs and players alike. We could still chat, and we were grouped.

Relog fixed the problem, though.

C

carnak

This bug pestered me every couple of hours and everything disappeared, only newly spawned mobs could be seen. For me installing new drivers etc didnt work at all, but restoring my computer to about a month ago worked wonders (I wouldnt have done it if I hadnt had other troubles). First thing to do is contact GOA, they told me to get new drivers within about 4 hours.
I strongly advise against restoring your PC to an earlier time though, it's just a possible last option that worked for me.

EDIT: Just got bug again for first time in about 2 weeks. DO NOT restore, it doesnt seem to help.

T

tamron

You want strange bugs? How about this...

Vesania is standing next to me, then logs out and back in with Myste.... I still see VESANIA's toon, though all /tells /emotes and such are Myste's... I can target her if I click (target shows as Vesania) but if I /wave /hug etc, I get a 'invalid target' message.

My relogging fixed it, but it was damn wierd.

D

dimerian

I had similar stuff...I couldnt see any characterfigures or mobs or anything,just terrain... trees and houses etc. not even my own char. This happened only with my necro,no problems with any other chars etc. Funny thing was,I was able to walk through _all_ doors/walls and just walk over impossible terrain t.t I relogged with necro and then I saw myself as necropet and nowhere real pet :|

Reinstalled whole crap and works well :)

N

naetha

I had it the other day where btis of people would be missing - got a great screenie of Morpheous' cloak and gloves doing silly amounts of damage to a kobbie ;)

A

Astraad

I had it once or twice pre-foundations patching

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by tamron
You want strange bugs? How about this...

Vesania is standing next to me, then logs out and back in with Myste.... I still see VESANIA's toon, though all /tells /emotes and such are Myste's... I can target her if I click (target shows as Vesania) but if I /wave /hug etc, I get a 'invalid target' message.

My relogging fixed it, but it was damn wierd.
Had this myself during sunday keep takes, didnt think much of it cause it only happend once with 1 alb, i went ld, came back and was able to target the alb.

O

old.ivan

Had some issues with Bonedancers not showing at all .. just the name tag running about. Also with necros ... and its not with them not showing up :) its just that they appeared in normal form <not ghosted> while having their pet active. weird eh.

A

allnewdave

I've seen all of these also, but I havent seen Tameron's bug for about a year and a half.

I have a picture somewhere of a stealthed troll :)

S

speshneeds

Had some odd bugs on sidi raid (alb/pryd) last night.

People (after being rezzed) had their names in "con" colours, some were grey, other were purp con. Also a few had the light red colour as if they were dead.

No vanishing mobs tho ><

Oh, and host didnt drop anything :(

G

Graknak

i'm having some bugs atm in the housing zones where my merchants spawn outside when i relog to another char or exit me house, soon as i enter me house again everything is ok though, but still annoying, also several times CM's won't spawn unless yer standing on top of them...

O

old.Tohtori

People going invisible? Their called stealthers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom