Staff damage: Dex, Str, Neither?

R

Roo Stercogburn

This discussion came up the other night and I was wondering if there's any definitive info to be had.

To hit with staves, dex is where its at. This we know.

However, the damage caused by said big stick, is this also affected by dex, or does str make a difference? Or do neither have any effect on it. I'm interested because most of my fights as Roo (and now Jink) end up as stick fights.

G

Gaeswen

I would say staves are dex based as the friar got a self dex/quick buff when it was shown that their staves did damage based on dexterity and not str which is their tertiary stat.

This should apply to unstyled hits with staves as well...

R

Roo Stercogburn

Thanks.

This is good, means I can probably scratch friars off list of things to worry about then (unless zerged of course) <waits for Stafford to go bananas> :flame: :D

F

Flimgoblin

dex has nowt to do with to-hit... that's all level and %bonus.

damage for a staff is all about dex tho.

K

Kagato.

Presumably your dex though effects your weaponskill, as strength would do with a slash weapon for example, which therefore in turn effects your chance to hit and there chance to parry you etc.

A

Addlcove

ALL 2hand weapons are PURE STR, this also goes for staffs, EXCEPT when used by a friar, then it's PURE DEX

M

mavericky

Originally posted by Addlcove
ALL 2hand weapons are PURE STR, this also goes for staffs, EXCEPT when used by a friar, then it's PURE DEX

Errrm wrong, spear is 50% dex 50% str, and as said by other people, staffs are dex

A

Addlcove

yeah sorry my memory is leaky

here´s the answer ;)

Q: Which stats affect offensive attacks?

A: Celtic spears use str, all other spears and thrust/pierce weapons use str/dex equally, crossbows use str/dex equally, all other bows use plain dex, swords and hammers use plain str.

-

Q: Follow up to last week – what’s the word on staff weapons, and while I’m at it, polearms? What stats affect these weapons?

A: Staff weapons are straight dex (many apologies for the confusion I caused last week), and polearms are all str., no matter what kind of polearm we’re talking about.

-

Q: In an earlier grab bag, you told us that 2H weapons are modified by strength, and thrust weapons were modified by strength and dexterity. Well, what about 2H thrust weapons?

A: 75% strength, 25% dexterity.

digged out of 3 different grab bags ;) enjoy

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Kagato.
Presumably your dex though effects your weaponskill, as strength would do with a slash weapon for example, which therefore in turn effects your chance to hit and there chance to parry you etc.

only in that you're harder to parry/evade :)

the 'miss' is just as likely/unlikely no matter what your weaponskill is.

F

Falcon

Errrm wrong, spear is 50% dex 50% str, and as said by other people, staffs are dex
I assume you mean Midgard spears? Celtic spear is 100% str based.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom