SSX3 - buy

O

Ono

Fabulous game.

Improved graphics and some top notch music.

I got the XB version and it does have some slowdown on the city level but other than that it rocks.

Amped 2 and 1080 Avalanche are going to have to be pretty special to top this.

S

Sir Frizz

I hope you're right Ono, because i thought Tricky was the biggest pile of shit / cheap cash in, since Tomb Raider 4.

O

Ono

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
I hope you're right Ono, because i thought Tricky was the biggest pile of shit / cheap cash in, since Tomb Raider 4.
Then you should probably steer well clear.;)

K

KevinUK

I have Tricky, it seems I dont want to get any sequels as I think that apart from the graphics, the gameplay doesnt change THAT much?

That and I know I get bored of most games too quickly :p

My current list of wanted games:

PGR2
Crimson Skies (just ordered)
Top Spin
Colin Mcrae 4

Or should I add SSX to my list too? :eek7:

N

nath

Amped 2 is fantastic, but just as different to SSX3 as Amped was to Tricky. Both worth having.

K

KevinUK

My thinking is Amped 2 = Tony Hawks on snow? :p

It does look good but is there much difference in game play? Maybe I should start buying the mag for some demos :eek:

C

CptDoom

SSX3 is indeed huge fun.

I battered the first one heavily and got the 2nd too but that left an iremovevable 3 meg save/corrupt cack thing on my mem card, could never get rid of it so i took it back and demanded another mem card.

EA may flog every single dead horse to its limit, but i am starting to like 'some' of the annual sequels.

Still doesnt beat 1080 on the 64 in the controls department, but it certainly does kick ass, just not quite as much... And its probably a better game after all these years.

I do hope Camelot (is it them?) dont trash the new 1080 and as for amped 2, cant wait for that either

W

wolfeeh

platform

loved tricky... so what platform shall i get 3 on?? i've got all three :| also what platform shall i get SC2 on?

O

Ono

I got all 3 versions of SC2 along with Hori arcade sticks for all 3 machines. My preference is the GC version due to the pad being best for the game IMHO when I don't use the Hori sticks.

I have SSX3 on the XBox mainly due to the soundtrack and the ability to dump it on my HDD. The PS2 version is best though due, again, to the pad. The XB pad is a real pain in the arse for this game I reckon.

W

wolfeeh

hmmm

i was leaning towards PS2 for '3' because tricky worked well on it...

so assuming i am buying ONE sc2, and sticks, (i was going to at least), which platform shall i get it for?

O

Ono

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by wolfeeh
iso assuming i am buying ONE sc2, and sticks, (i was going to at least), which platform shall i get it for?

I prefer the Cube version but that's because I prefer playing games on the Cube anyway.

S

Sibanac

got it on GC, runs smooth as a babys but in the FPS departmen

Had it crash once on me.
Controls take some time getting used to, but now i like them better then on ps2

K

kookie_kit

ok, so, I RENTED ssx3 last night, just to see what it was like before I ran off to work and bought it (I work in game......yawn)... now i've heard rumours that the XB version's controls are screwed up, so I got the PS2 version.

I have to say, the load time's atrocious, but its very pretty. i especuially like the little sparkly snow touches.

The EA radio is a nice touch, but it does become annoying when you're coming up to a race that the DJ turns round and says things like"oo.. look who's coming....and where they're going...." If you don't know what part of the game you're about to go into, I think they're something seri0ously WROING with you! lol!

The Big Pipe event rox, as do the races. But not having a tutorial level where you can hone your trick skills is a bit of a downer.

I definitely lie this game, but i'm not sure if its worth wasting part of my discount on.

Think I'll stick to THPS underground when it comes out. At least with THPS, falling LOOKS sorer! lol

K

kookie_kit

ok, so, I RENTED ssx3 last night, just to see what it was like before I ran off to work and bought it (I work in game......yawn)... now i've heard rumours that the XB version's controls are screwed up, so I got the PS2 version.

I have to say, the load time's atrocious, but its very pretty. i especuially like the little sparkly snow touches.

The EA radio is a nice touch, but it does become annoying when you're coming up to a race that the DJ turns round and says things like"oo.. look who's coming....and where they're going...." If you don't know what part of the game you're about to go into, I think they're something seri0ously WROING with you! lol!

The Big Pipe event rox, as do the races. But not having a tutorial level where you can hone your trick skills is a bit of a downer.

I definitely like this game, but i'm not sure if its worth wasting part of my discount on.

Think I'll stick to THPS underground when it comes out. At least with THPS, falling LOOKS sorer! lol

K

kookie_kit

sorry.. i double posted... getting used to this new mouse... urgh.....

D

drummer

This game is great. And the voices you here during the race itself is not the DJ , it's your characters voice afaik

It's nice you can make your own playlist , i hate it when youre playing online and you get a crap song ( basement jax , N.E.R.D. ,.......)

Got some finger eleven , placebo , Ima Robot , Autopilot off , yellowcard etc

And what's better then doing some ubergrinds and tricks at a top speed , good for the adrenaline :D

a must-buy

K

kookie_kit

actually, i have to take it back about what I heard..... i heard the xbox version's controllers were crap, but actually, its pretty damn good!

we were lucky to get a preowned copy in work the other week, and we bought it, and I can't sotp playing it! woohoo!

ok, so i'm no good at the slopestyle stuff, but I LOVE the race stuff, especially the fact you have to beat better times for the rival races!

I love the fact you can choose your own playlist (although I've not figured out how to do this..... the game came without instructions! lol)

Also....... Max Payne 2 on the XBOX? soooooooo want it!!!!!!!!1

R

Rekin

Originally posted by drummer
This game is great. And the voices you here during the race itself is not the DJ , it's your characters voice afaik

It's nice you can make your own playlist , i hate it when youre playing online and you get a crap song ( basement jax , N.E.R.D. ,.......)

Got some finger eleven , placebo , Ima Robot , Autopilot off , yellowcard etc

And what's better then doing some ubergrinds and tricks at a top speed , good for the adrenaline :D

a must-buy

Please remove this man's tresticles for suggesting N*E*R*D are shit. In Search Of is the best album evah.

D

drummer

Originally posted by Rekin
Please remove this man's tresticles for suggesting N*E*R*D are shit. In Search Of is the best album evah.
That's your opinion , I have mine. Oh well

Users who are viewing this thread