Rant SSL certificates

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gah, trying to make FreddysHouse fully SSL compliant and realise I need to own 3 SSL certs at the minimum. The prices of wildcard domains is just woah and single domains per year are not that cheap too.
  • forums.freddyshouse.com
  • s6.freddyshouse.net (static content like images, could do away with this to be honest as I need to minimise domain usage to fully benefit from SPDY)
  • stats.teczone.net (used internally to monitor web site traffic, I run Piwik internally as I do not want Google seeing what we all get up to)
To fully utilise SPDY I need to have SSL enabled everywhere. Sucks. Also working on implementing 2 clicks to enable social network to minimize the cookie tracking done by 3rd parties..

soze

I am a FH squatter
Start a raffle to fund it. £2 a ticket with a reach around for the first prize.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Right, used StartSSL, thanks Krazeh. Now head on over to the SSL version of FreddysHouse and give it a go if you wouldn't mind.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Does this mean I can give my credit card details out and they'll be safe?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Seems to work fine so far...

Edit : pages with embedded youtube clips won't show the youtube bit until I "show all content" (in IE)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Seems to work fine so far...

Edit : pages with embedded youtube clips won't show the youtube bit until I "show all content" (in IE)
Correct as it is embedded as a non SSL url. That along with the media library is next on my list to fix.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Works fine for me, Firefox flags it as a verified (blue) site, everything seems fully functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom