Split Packet Too Large

O

old.Proxima

I get this error a lot in counter strike, what is it and how can I stop it happening? It pops up as I connect to a server or change maps, and it bombs me out to windows.

Thanks

[EED]Proxima

O

old.Proxima

Whoops, I should really have looked further down the page before posting, my apologies.

The previous thread talking about this problem doesn't really conclude how to fix it. I have altered my MTU settings in the past, so you might think this could be the cause of the problem, but from the ammount of other people also complaining and the variety of their connection types I don't think this is the case.

Maybe we'll have to wait until the new networking code gets release - when is that expected to arrive?

thanks

Proxima

O

old.Kez

yus - its a random error (well, ish.) pretty much, and its been around since 1011.

The new patch (1.5) should be out in a few weeks (I'm told, I've stopped following what valve does because they're utter tripe) which should hopefully get rid of this extremely annoying facker bug.

O

old.[Pixie]

i like the good ol split packet crash...

it helps me release fustration out on my already damages keyboard... and my wacom pen is no more....

------------------
You think im cheating?

thanks for the compliment :)

O

old.Kez

riiiiiight, what has a penmouse gotta do with anything?

O

old.[Pixie]

the penmouse is my main fustration toy... i bite it and harm it when CS pisses me off...

until the other day when i was banging it on my desk and point got scratched...

no more skinnin for me... until i fork out some more cash on a new fustration toy

------------------
You think im cheating?

thanks for the compliment :)

O

old.Kez

lol, meh wacom penpartner doesn't work with UT/HL, was well upset, could have been deadly accurate, which would be a nice change for meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom