spiritmasters in rvr

Diddledum

Fledgling Freddie
how many rvr gps run with spiritmasters on a regular basis?

Is it a first choice - how easy is it to get a grp as one??

Thanks

A potential to be rvr spirtmaster

Bloodclot

Banned
90% of the mid rvr groups run with dark spiritmasters.

- they can take a load of melee hits/ archers cause of the pet intercept so some midgroups on excal run even without BG.

- red dex/quickdebuff + banelord from bd/zerk ml1 (zone of unmana) cripples the casters biiigggtime. 5sec cast on a spreadheal anyone?

- nice lifetap nuke, and a getto ae-mezz that lasts 15secs but good enough for fg fights.

- nice solo char if you can't get a group.

- ml9 pet

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah Bloodclot pretty much summed it up. Dark sms are really good, infact they got the best dps in the game of the single nuking casters. Nice util, good solo ability.

I can't see there being room for a supp sm in a group though, unless you go for a 100% pbae group which I havn't seen for ages.

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
yepp

what the first guy said :)
well , i do see more and more supp sm running outthere , guess thats because of all the nice tower/keeptakes

Chronictank

FH is my second home
will be tank grps again soon :) so if you planning on rolling one i suggest you dont

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
will be tank grps again soon :) so if you planning on rolling one i suggest you dont
it will be just as viable as it is now imo

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:

Tank groups will still run with a caster for interrupts, debuffs, damage etc.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bugz said:
Tank groups will still run with a caster for interrupts, debuffs, damage etc.
yes they are called bonedancers
have everything a sm has and banelord

if you gona say they have higher dps, why have a sm when you can have a rm? better dmg and nearsight
or a warlock interupts and banelord

so no they wont be as viable as they are now

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Sm's got higher dps than dark rms. Dex debuffs, ghetto mezz. More util than a rm. Overpowered intercepting pet. I can't see a reason they would not have a spot in a group, can still kill fast as hell. I think you're overestimating the det boost, yes it will be cc immunity, or close, but that won't mean that it will be PURE tanks. Casters still got very very nice dps when uninterupted.

Kanim

Banned
Chronictank said:

if you gona say they have higher dps, why have a sm when you can have a rm? better dmg and nearsight

rm is too weak without bg and bg in a mid grp is not really 'opted'. bd is taken mainly for interupts whereas sm is pretty much pure dps and as close to melee immune as you can get without bg. They will be as viable if not more after the det boost due to the op intercept pet, moc + lt nukes. Iirc you have a sm yourself so im sure your aware of just how balanced the intercept rate on the pet is :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
ml9 pet, debuffs, ghetto mezz, root, LT, brittle guards, sw, or pbaoe str/con debuff, single target mezz ect, cant really see why there wouldnt be room for them..but ye looking forward to the new det since if i got it right Stoicism 25% + new det5 55% = 80% reduction :D

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:

Having played most setups, i very much prefer having a SM in group as a solo caster. We tried with BD a few times but it doesn't come close to having a SM. When free, a SM can kill so much so fast and still have so good survivability and utility. What i missed most without a SM in group was a good petkiller, having tanks running around killing pets could work but it would be far less efficient.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
bd is nice (retarded gay insta etc) but mainly for interrupt purposes meanwhile sm dmg output is very nice + can cripple enemy casters with dex/qui and dex debuff + intercept pet makes your life easier.

spec dark, supp sm isnt vialable anymore, dark is just way better... though get lowbie pbae for theurg pets.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Olgaline said:
Stoicism 25% + new det5 55% = 80% reduction :D
not quite it will stil be 25% + 55% worked out seperately like aom but yes welcome back dark age of tankalot :p

Eva said:
Sm's got higher dps than dark rms
Wrong
A good rm will lead with a debuff so will do more dmg than a sm

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
not quite it will stil be 25% + 55% worked out seperately like aom but yes welcome back dark age of tankalot :p

Wrong
A good rm will lead with a debuff so will do more dmg than a sm

Well technically he was right since he said a SM would do more dps than a dark rm, dark rm's dont get debuff ;P

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Melachi said:
Well technically he was right since he said a SM would do more dps than a dark rm, dark rm's dont get debuff ;P
Hungins Claw 175d 10% cold debuff

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
not quite it will stil be 25% + 55% worked out seperately like aom but yes welcome back dark age of tankalot

from Ra site :
- Reduces the duration of all forms of crowd control by 25%. Stacks with Determination.

from grab bag :
- Q: I was wondering - since determination 5 for armsmen is 55%, and armsmen have a natural 25% resist to CC, what happens when resists take CC resist to 100% or greater?

A: This is one for Code Ed, and he replied: "While Stoicism and Determination are additive with respect to each other, they are multiplicative with respect to the rest of the duration determining factors. Therefore, it isn't possible to get the CC duration reduction to 100%."

sounds to me like they do stack to 80%

Chronictank

FH is my second home
didnt when i tested on US but then i didnt do it exensively and did only get rough numbers cus i was limited to det2

I stand corrected :)
woo det 5 \o/

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Hungins Claw 175d 10% cold debuff

Hungins Claw
175 * 0.1 = 17.5
175 + 17.5 = 192.5
192.5 / 3 = 64.16

Extinguish Lifeforce
183 / 2.5 = 73.2

lifetap also has some extra damage bonus I believe (was on VN a while ago) plus it gives hp back ;O

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I think chronic meaned was after hugins Claw you start casting your dark spec DD (greater rune of shadow) who delves for 219. Since your target is still debuffed you would have on second and next casts a dps of 80.3 on that target.

But i always thought hungins was bugged and only debuffed for 5%?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
running in random groups you some times end up with funny situations ;)
ever tried having a rc'er & dark sm cross -50 debuff then assist for each other ?
note: not saying it's opted in any form, just kinda funny :p

forgot to try a rc'er debuffing pre nerf for a WL ;)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Melachi said:
Hungins Claw
175 * 0.1 = 17.5
175 + 17.5 = 192.5
192.5 / 3 = 64.16

Extinguish Lifeforce
183 / 2.5 = 73.2

lifetap also has some extra damage bonus I believe (was on VN a while ago) plus it gives hp back ;O

correct, 183*1.09 / 2.5 = 79.8 dps

moik

Fledgling Freddie
But if you wanna count the DPS between SM and RM you also have to take into consideration that the RM dies as soon as a chargetank looks at him while the SM doesn't. So let's say that in a normal fight, a SM can get off 5 times more nukes than RM, so it doesnt matter if the RM nukes slightly harder since SM will outdmg him even with lvl 40 nukes. :clap:

Ravencroft

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Hungins Claw
175 * 0.1 = 17.5
175 + 17.5 = 192.5
192.5 / 3 = 64.16

Extinguish Lifeforce
183 / 2.5 = 73.2

think its munins claw u r after :)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Septima said:
I think chronic meaned was after hugins Claw you start casting your dark spec DD (greater rune of shadow) who delves for 219. Since your target is still debuffed you would have on second and next casts a dps of 80.3 on that target.

But i always thought hungins was bugged and only debuffed for 5%?

I think it reduces 5%, plus another 5% if the target has resistbuff up.

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Olgaline said:
running in random groups you some times end up with funny situations ;)
ever tried having a rc'er & dark sm cross -50 debuff then assist for each other ?
note: not saying it's opted in any form, just kinda funny :p

forgot to try a rc'er debuffing pre nerf for a WL ;)

Ye tried out wl rc duo just for the fun it was unbelieveble nasty.

Even on a good template it's easy to put in a 350+ DoT.

But Rc + dark sm usually only debuff 30 for eachother unless u specc 48 rc and sm usually don't spec for the last energy debuff either.
But fun anyways.

Brohanith

Loyal Freddie
Diddledum said:
how many rvr gps run with spiritmasters on a regular basis?

Is it a first choice - how easy is it to get a grp as one??

Thanks

A potential to be rvr spirtmaster

Bokke runs with at least 1 sm in grp, and mostly 2. Both assisting our runemaster.

We tried a tank-grp a few times but the caster set-up seems more effective for the time being.

Hope this answers your question.

Peace out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom