Spider Silk

A

ahunter

Guys.. I hope you can shed some light on the great Spider Silk mystery!

Basically I have started a new lvl 7 friar and spent a little time hunting with him recently, however I seem to have got 2 pockets of my backpack full of Spider Silk which it does not allow me to sell.. what do I have to do with it.. I don't remember having any problems selling spider silk with my grown up pally but that was before the patch..

Is spider silk now a special item like a glowing soul gem from cornwall??

I have asked my guild mates but we are all puzzled by the silk too..

Please can someone fill me in?? :confused:

O

old.Hendrick

Spider Silk is broken/bugged at the moment. All you can do is throw it away. And while we're at it: Bandit ears can be handed to a guard at the tower east of cotswold. He will give you a pendant for each ear that sells for a few coins.

F

fatgit

zombie sows tails (level 3 to 6) from farm N of prydwen at night, pass to a guy that wanders up & downt the road to pry in daytime for an 80c value gem :)

A

ahunter

Thanks Guys, I have destroyed the silk and will have a go at some zombie pigs to finish my lvl off for some nice easy xp.. :D

A

Aurelius

Originally posted by Hendrick
Spider Silk is broken/bugged at the moment. All you can do is throw it away. And while we're at it: Bandit ears can be handed to a guard at the tower east of cotswold. He will give you a pendant for each ear that sells for a few coins.

Not quite, unless it's changed again.... the bandit ears go to the Hunter (Derwyn, I think, but might be wrong) at the small tower east of Cotswolds - he gives you a note for each one, you pass the note to the named guard at the Cotswold tower, and he gives you the pendant - but the only use for the pendant seems to be to sell it.

There seems to be a 'sub quest' connected the Sephucoth one - there is an NPC wanders about Cotswolds Village moaning about losing a cask of apple brandy from his ship - one of my characters spoke to him before killing Sephucoth, and when that was done in addition to the Heart got a cask of apple brandy appear in his pack, which the NPC rewards you for returning to him.

O

old.stroke

I've read about the spider silk issue before, but i was perfectly able to sell all the silk i got from giant spiders in N Black Mts. Is it those spiders you're talking about?

O

old.stroller

I've been up in Snowdonia killing giant spiders and no one will take the spider silk (I have tried to sell at a couple of locations). Bit of a blow, that. So there certainly seems to be some problem. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread