Spellcrafting Legendary Weapons?

Nate

FH is my second home
Hey guys,

Im just about to start sc on my new legendary weapons from this patch..however i have read that it is possible to get sc on some made before the patch..but the items im looking at still have the old stats on them, and i didnt make them anywhere near the time toa was released. Read it on the grab bag and a hot fix that it was fixed so all except the ones prior to 1.70 patch can be sc'd:

Grab bag said:
Q: In 1.84, you made a change to allow players to spellcraft their legendary weapons. I tried to SC a legendary weapon made before the 1.84 patch, and when I zone or log out the SC bonuses disappear. WTH?

A: Any legendary weapon made after 1.84 has the SC ability built in. We tried to set the old weapons to allow spellcrafting, and almost succeeded - we just made a mistake with the original legendary weapons. There are actually three different "generations" of legendary weapons that exist in the game today. The very oldest generation is making a code check whenever you zone or log out, and erasing the bonuses. There aren't many of these old weapons still in use, but if you've got one that was made around the time that we launched TOA, you are most likely affected by this bug. We will fix it Monday, so just hang on to your old legendary weapon until you see the patch note indicating it's safe to spellcraft it. I'm sorry for the annoyance.

Hotfix said:
Legendary weapons that were created prior to 1.70 were not able to be spell-crafted permanently from the recent changes made in 1.84. If a pre 1.70 Legendary weapon was spell crafted after 1.84, the spell crafting bonuses would wipe after zoning or re-logging. As such, the first three slots in Legendary weapons made prior to 1.70 now have their old bonuses (Con, Resist, Resist) back in those three slots.

just wondering if anyones done sc on there legendary weapons yet, and whether it's possible to sc any of the 1.71 - 1.84 patch ones. also, is it 3 slots that can be sc'd? and a imbue of however much the quality of the item is?

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
im gonna save so much plats if u can sc the old legendaries

Windwalka1

Fledgling Freddie
well from reading US servers u cant because when u zone the newly SC'd stats when SC;d on to old weapons just dissapear like a guild emblem on a cloak if u aint a member of the guild.

but check it out i guess :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom