Spellcrafting for the average joe

J

Jiggs

this rocks!!

forget all this template bollocks, i just juggled a few 50epic items and crafted lev51 stuff and capped all my stats: dex con and quick

as well as getting a ton of +staff and some HP and all magic and melee resists over 20%

and it cost me peanuts (actually felt guilty paying so little)!!

lol all these guys pouring over the calculator to get the last 1%energy resist are nuts!!

u dont need the 100% stuff like 99% stuff is better than epic anyway!

just replace the crap stuff in your epic (in Friars case the hat and robe) and get it replaced with tailormade stuff.

easy!!

/edit also when u SC your stuff gets a cool name: my staff is now a Shimmering Thunderer :D

P

Pin

Great when you only have have 3 stats and 1 skill to cap.

Very different when you have 4 stats and 5 skills to stick stuff into. :rolleyes:

A

Apathy

Haha...yes.

I am going to cap EVERYTHING. Even empathy.

Full MP set with 300% overcharge on everything. I'll get it even if I have to detonate every spellcrafter in the realm. dammit.

a.

O

old.Wildfire

Wizzies have to think about dex, int, con, hits, resists, focus and skill, and our epic sux so that doesnt make it any easier :(

E

Eggy

Or you could cap every single resist, con dex pie perfectly, power perfectly, hits, get large amounts in +enh, run it all on MP AF102 chain to get the highest armour factor, have a bonus of 28str (not needed really), get to wear a hooded cloak in your lineup, and lick cream off Wildfire's gonads.

Ok, maybe not the last part, but I did the rest.

I

ilienwyn

you should see arm epic to understand. It has tons of str and con which are the easiest think to get with items. Moreover most parts really really suck about value so...

O

old.Odysseus

dex, int, con, hp, all resists, 11 windskill, 3* focus.

managed to cap all stats, get 24-26% resists everywhere and my 11 skill+3*focus.

sad thing is that in the process, something dawned to me:
Dragon Cap blows :(

S

Simius

Well if you feel guilty paying so little you can always throw me some more gold ;) All mine seems to going to that bloody merchant who must have seen us coming a mile off.

But with some good planning and mixing of epics you can max pretty much everything you want to, even more so if you're willing to let the spellcrafter kaboom in the line of duty. If you have a MP suit then it will be uber, but a customised 99% suit will be better than most epics as it wont conflict with your jewellry, and that's gotta be a good thing.

So in summary, come get me to spellcraft your stuff, I'm great, you'll love it, i'll take some of that heavy gold from your pockets, and i'll try my best not to explode all over your new armour...

C

Cabo-

would really like to know what stuff you used Jiggs :D
post, pm or something :D

O

old.LandShark

I'm sure I must be able to get more out of my template though.
Atm I've got 11slash/stealth, all resists 25 or 26, 198hits, capped str con dex cha.
I want some qui and inst but i just can't wrangle it out...

J

Jiggs

well i'm not saying its perfect, i have too much spirit, too much str, too much +piety and not enough energy% or +hp

BUT fully buffed:

buffed stats

is good enough for me, not perfect but its enough for the moment...

@ cado: i just used cratfed hat/robe/staff with oro sleeves and real nice jewelery to get that

you just need to take of your kit and work out your caps and then mix the kit to find the weak spots.

and no i dont have aug dex 2 yet so my dex is still a gimpy 275 instead of 287 which is my final template at RR6

J

Jiggs

and anyways the point of my original post was really just to say to peeps who's mind wanders off after 5 nano seconds of looking at yet another meaningless template:

dont be scared :D try it u will be surprised what u can come up with ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom