Spellcrafting Charges (as in costs)

S

Solid

Anyone know how much its gonna cost to get items Spellcrafted? I assume its cost of Gem creation + a service fee from the Spellcrafter based on the Overcharge and the quality of the item???

K

kr0n

Quality doesnt matter that much... tho its cheaper to get high qua gems than new 100% breastplate :)

O

old.Khain

I thought qul mattered when overcharging the iteams ?, is that just on the iteam and not the gem after its

Raw
Uncut
Rough
Flawed
Imperfect
Polished
Faceted
Precious
Flawless
Perfect

S

Solid

Quality of the Armour/Weapon/Shield only dictates the Imbue points available. ie AF102 MP Chain pieces all have 32 Imbue points, a 99% piece has 28 (ie you lose 4 imbue points)

Gem Quality at the moment (based on US testing) is the biggest factor in success rates.

As long as you dont overcharge more than 3-4 points into 99% and MP level 51 items, if you use 99% gems the success rate is very high, we are talking 90% + (Leladias SC calculator success rates are lower than what is being experienced on US live servers)

That said the Spelcrafters only true fixed cost is how much it costs to make the Gems. The service fee should be scaled according to the difficulty and risk of the imbue.

What I want to know is does anyone have an idea as to what a reasonable fee is?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

And isn't the cost of all that MP quality armour going to be the biggest hit, Solid?

S

Solid

Yes Trine, it is gonan be a heavy cost, but its a separate cost from the actual Spellcrafting. In fact the Armour cost will make up the majority of the total cost of a SC suit. Like I said the Spellcrafting is just Gem making and Imbuing. Problem is as there is no 'Cost Price' to Spellcraft, as its purely a Service, the fee is based on risk and not materials and wotnot.

F

Feac_

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
I think I'm going to hang around the crafter areas and charge for rezzing blown up crafters :)

Btw, here's a really nice spellcrafting calculator app.

lmao you have a long wait most will bind in capital city and just release as nothing is lost when you blow yourself up apart from the masterpiece that you were trying to overcharge.

you really think people will only charge a small profit on sc and alc i doubt it very much

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Aye, it wasn't a serious comment :)

Mind you, I presume they're still going to have to buy back their con, aren't they? I could charge level 50's 10g a rez and still undercut the NPC Healers ;)

Maybe you could get a crafter to drop their mark-up if you bring your own rezzer?

F

Feac_

nah its same as RvR death in service of your realm :D

A

Aeternus

Originally posted by Feac_
nah its same as RvR death in service of your realm :D

The arcanium great hammer explodes!
You are hit for 1789 damage!
You die
[The arcanium great hammer gains 967rps]

S

slapmesilly..

Originally posted by Aeternus

The arcanium great hammer explodes!
You are hit for 1789 damage!
You die
[The arcanium great hammer gains 967rps]

that would be cool, do it 10 times and you get a hammer that's RR1, +1 to all skills on equip :p

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Solid
Yes Trine, it is gonan be a heavy cost, but its a separate cost from the actual Spellcrafting. In fact the Armour cost will make up the majority of the total cost of a SC suit. Like I said the Spellcrafting is just Gem making and Imbuing. Problem is as there is no 'Cost Price' to Spellcraft, as its purely a Service, the fee is based on risk and not materials and wotnot.

most of the spellcrafting is time working out what people want :)

If you offer your services as a spellcrafting consultant... or as a high-skill spellcrafter doing the risky imbues... (make sure the customer knows it's at their own risk)

You can charge as much as the going rate I guess :) the number of high level spellcrafters will probably set it.

S

solothores

on mlf af102/qua100 spellcrafted armor goes for around 15p - note that this is the "special-you-are-guild-member-thats-why-you-get-it-cheap-tarif".

S

Solid

Solothores care to expand please mate?

You saying a full suit of AF102 chain allready spellcrafted goes for 15 plats? or a single piece Spellcrafted or just the plain un imbued armour suit?. Your last comment was a tad vague.

BTW I cant see Spellcrafting Consultants actually making any money as most stuff is posted onj forums and usually their ends up a very good suit using only common accessory drops that a lot of people will default to.

S

solothores

15 p for the masterpiece armor set (all parts)

+350g für spellcrafting (stats)
+1.8p for alchemy (procs)
+1p for enchanting (35% bonus)*

99% crafted stuff went over for around 3P (all parts)

+350g spellcrafting
+1.8p for alchemy
+1p for enchanting*

*he wasnt 100% sure about the exact costs what he paid here.

L

lairiodd

This is a pretty good link. The have costs on almost everything. If you fill in the following markups:

The following gives you the average cost to make (excluding crafter profit)
0: cost price random qua
125: average cost for a 99
1225: average cost for a masterpiece if all non 100% stuff is sold back

It also has a gem database too so you can see the skill required for all the diff stats.

D

Draylor

15p is either discounted for a guildmate, lucky in retries required or more likely a bit of both.

Rough costs to create MP suits (alb) assuming 'average luck'.

Cloth: 3.2p
Leather: 6p
Studded: 9p
Plate: 17p
Chain: 19p

Now add payment for the crafter to the above for the HOURS required to make it.

Alb chain prices will rise due to an undocumented change in 1.53/1.54 - the above is assuming its made after the patch.

An overcharged 99% suit is far more affordable, if parts are destroyed in spellcrafting they can be cheaply replaced. The costs of chain/plate above will mean very few people will be able to afford 100% quality suits I expect.

S

solothores

draylor its discounted, -special-guild-member-thats-why-you-get-it-that-cheap-tarif- ^^

O

old.Rohar

Might seem like a strange question but how are people expected to gain that sort of cash?

L

lakih

Rohar: farming in DF gives you a few hundred gold per night... trinketing is the way of fast cash... and if you cant trinket yourself - sell the seals to a crafter who can.

:m00:

K

katt!

i got over 1p in cash + loot + salvage /day we exped in malmo. and tanglers are better than that.

A

Aeternus

why do people buy masterpiece suits anyway, a 99% overcharged will be just as good as a mp suit non overcharged. Who in their right mind would want to risk overcharging mp pieces for a puny 3+str or something?

E

erl

Originally posted by Aeternus
why do people buy masterpiece suits anyway, a 99% overcharged will be just as good as a mp suit non overcharged. Who in their right mind would want to risk overcharging mp pieces for a puny 3+str or something?

Solid ;)

What else is there to spend you money on if you have lots? Nothing is as good as an overcharged mp-set, so I guess that's what draws people to it :)

R

Ragnarok1978

More and more jewelry hit the databases the more people explore SI. According to what I read on different forums, you can get by with far less than a MP SC'ed suit and still max or at least be close to maxing all your attributes, resists and skills.

Weapons are the only place I will never hold back when it comes to quality and SC, but on armor so far it looks like I may only need 1 or 2 MP pieces and use 99% for the rest.

One thing for sure, I am not gonna pay and extra 5p or the like just to get those last 2-3 points in str or whatever :)

S

Solid

I decided to forget about planning SC suits now, cos the SI quest rewards are becomign so rediculous that as Rag said you just wont need to overcharge as much, or you will be able to get all you need from 99% Quality stuff.

Mythic are being very weak by makign super overpowered godly quest rewards available to everyone and so it basically makes Spellcrafting less attractive than it once was. With people able to max everything so easily with the Quest items and some of the random loot thats dropping, High Level crafters suffer as less people are then interested in Masterpiece items.

S

Sarnat

AFAIK the amount of charges that an item will hold is dependent on the quality & level. Highest charge amount being 10 charges on L51 MP piece.

Don't remember where I got this from and don't know if it's true or not.

S

Solid

Sarnat, read the topic title, INCLUDING the bits in brackets and try again? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom