Spellcrafting Blowing Up - 1.87 and above

Ucallme

Banned
I found this really frustrating with the new system.

Ive made about 5 templates in the last week or two all SC'd and the chance of blowing up is stupid and I have 1010 skill

For example the other day I SC'd 6 items and I blew up 4 times.

For me at the moment out of 100 SC items I would of blown up about 40 times, thats if I was working out the ratio of whats been happening to me lately.

Does anyone else have this problem when it comes to spellcrafting?

Amphrax/Arauddry

C

Carss

anyone whineing about SCing now obviously never SCed when you needed 4 x 99% gems to SC one peice. Its so much easier to do now just because your unlucky shut up with the whine, even if your unlucky and get 4 blow ups thats still not even near the amount of gems you had to craft with the old system.

Ucallme

Banned
anyone whineing about SCing now obviously never SCed when you needed 4 x 99% gems to SC one peice. Its so much easier to do now just because your unlucky shut up with the whine, even if your unlucky and get 4 blow ups thats still not even near the amount of gems you had to craft with the old system.

I know, I know :) I do appreciate the time having to spend on making gems now is far less than it use to be as I use to do the SC for lots of guildies plus my own. Guess I just got frustrated on dieing too many times just to make silly gems :)

But nevermind its done now, hehe

Amphrax/Arauddry

aika

Can't get enough of FH
1069 skill here

since patch made around 20 pieces, blown up 1 time.
it seems random i guess

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Imbue the 3 most expensive gems first, then do a 2nd imbue with the 4th gem.

Previously this would have resulted in a boom, as the 4th missing gem would be calculated as 94% - but this no longer matters.

At least this way you minimize the gem remake cost and time but doing the cheapest/fastest gem seperatly.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry, looks like I missed something.

Ive had a similiar problem in last week, blown up about 50% of the time on 5pt OC with 4x99% jewels. Didnt lose any items though.

Whats with this staged imbue?

Does the new patch mean that you dont have to bother at all with jewel quality?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

Actually, you used to be able to get away with 2x99 and 2x98, if you made any 98% ones when you needed a 99, you could put them aside for next time.

C

Carss

Actually, you used to be able to get away with 2x99 and 2x98, if you made any 98% ones when you needed a 99, you could put them aside for next time.

was saying before people found out that

but i think you should make a new thread with that info alan gave crom, tried it that was and its a million tims nicer, hardly blows up on me now and if it does you only have to sc one gem, ill try make it simple if you didnt understand what he meant

1) Craft all 4 gems for your item.

2) Hand crafted item to spellcrafter and set spellcrafter to combine.

3) Put the 3 high util gems into the combine (leaving the lowest util gem out of the combine).

4) Accept the combine, you will now have 3 stats on your crafted item (this has no chance to blow up).

5) Hand crafted item (with 3 stats on) back to the spellcrafter and set spellcrafter to combine.

6) Put the final (4th) gem into the combine.

7) Accept the combine, if you dont blow up you should have a fully spellcrafted item, if you blow up you only have to delve the lowest util gem and buy the items needed for that instead of messing about recrafting 4 gems. Plus the chance to blow up seems less to me.

Ucallme

Banned
was saying before people found out that

but i think you should make a new thread with that info alan gave crom, tried it that was and its a million tims nicer, hardly blows up on me now and if it does you only have to sc one gem, ill try make it simple if you didnt understand what he meant

1) Craft all 4 gems for your item.

2) Hand crafted item to spellcrafter and set spellcrafter to combine.

3) Put the 3 high util gems into the combine (leaving the lowest util gem out of the combine).

4) Accept the combine, you will now have 3 stats on your crafted item (this has no chance to blow up).

5) Hand crafted item (with 3 stats on) back to the spellcrafter and set spellcrafter to combine.

6) Put the final (4th) gem into the combine.

7) Accept the combine, if you dont blow up you should have a fully spellcrafted item, if you blow up you only have to delve the lowest util gem and buy the items needed for that instead of messing about recrafting 4 gems. Plus the chance to blow up seems less to me.

cool, i know you posted this before but didn't really sit down and read it propper but now I have, thanks helps alot.

/hug

Amphrax/Arauddry

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
aurey just got killed
aurey just got killed

fucking funny if you ask me :p i was crafting in housing xD

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
And in addition the quality of the gems doesn't matter anymore.
All that matters now is the quality of the item to be imbued and whether it was worn (in that case repair first, imbue second).

Outtamind

Fledgling Freddie
Use my little trick and /worship GoA... i`ve only went bang twice and thats when i didn`t say it before rofl

Oh and Aika... wtf 1069 SC??? thats either a typo or an intended shot at catching the wannabe LGM`s out :p
I`m 4 from capping at 1059 :s

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Pics or it didn't happen! :D

boom.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom