spellcrafting and alchemy

F

frols

spellcrafting and alchemy will ruin this game forever :( ppl wont hunt for items anymore just get some money and tell someone to make the thing you want.

K

Khalen

*BEEEEP* wrong, SI > Crafted items and people still need rings, bracers, belts etc. :)

D

Draylor

Its not happened that way on US servers so far, I cant see it ruining anything here.

If that was to happen Mythic have the option of adding SC/Alchemy components as drops. They suggested this long ago, but I dont know if its been done yet or not.

F

Flimgoblin

the highest level poisons and the in-combat potions require dropped ingredients.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

hehe, let me tell you what is really gonna happen...

After this weekend, when people are around the 400-500 mark and it starts getting very difficult/boring/expensive, everyone but a few people will give up.

They will go away saying they plan to return but they never will. The few people with patience good enough to become grand masters will become very rich but also be in constant demand for the next 5 months as everyone will want a piece of them. They will be forced to create new characters no-one knows about just to get any peace and quiet.

All those that reset their armour/weapon/archer craft will regret it when they can no longer make armour for their lowbie alts but they will be able to make a +4 constitution gem which kills them when they try to do anything with it.

Then Shrouded Isles will come along with very nice drops, new landscapes and shiny new graphics. People will l have forgotten about Spell crafting and come here and start moaning because the Shrouded isles expansion has ruined their hard drive.

D

Draylor

True Fing - I was thinking more of the dragon/legion level of mobs rather than the common stuff :)

T

Thorulf

And all low level quests can be removed ... to spellcraft items that are similar to low level quest rewards cant be hard or expensive ? If this is true I imho think its a sad direction this game takes.

O

old.Lianuchta

Originally posted by Thorulf
And all low level quests can be removed ... to spellcraft items that are similar to low level quest rewards cant be hard or expensive ? If this is true I imho think its a sad direction this game takes.

They can be alot better with SCing.

Take this as an example:

Celtic Spear 6.7dps (Level 18) 99%qua can take these stats without overcharging:

7 Strength
7 Constitution
2 Celtic Spear
1 parry

This would blow just about any drop I know off away at that level (the 99% qua has something to do with that too thoguh).

S

swords

they always intended for player crafted and imbued wepons to be more powerful anyway.

and it will not affect drop hunts in any way. people still need salvagable materials to craft with :)
DF opened and all barrows drops etc became null and void pretty much. SC will overtake again but not change anything.

if anything it will mean all those crafters who spent the time and money getting to grand master will be in demand for 99% qua crafted stuff and the odd MP.
this is where the crafters truly benefit for all their work.

Spellcrafting and alchemy are a good thing definately...

R

rynnor

Well I dont really think these skills will have much impact except in the area of twink-crafting.

I designed some optimum sets for various chars in BG1 a few months ago - pretty cheap sicko stuff.

For those with the cash the early levels just got a lot easier - oh and to the person who mentioned still needing bracers rings etc the skill of jewellrycrafting is due in at some point and will be compatible with SC/Alchemy.

I hope this stuff doesnt discourage the genuinely new players - I dread this game getting to the stage a lot of EQ servers reached where people without great gear couldnt get groups or got a lot of attitude...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom