Speedhaxx0r or me being a numpty

R

riv

um... apologies in advance if this is just me being a retard, cos it may well be.. but here goes.

playing with me bg3 toon today, repeatedly encountered a luri chanter. now afaik they get a speed buffox much like their runemaster counterparts (which is where i'm drawing my conclusions from cos thats my main class).

anyway, this luri was playing solo and moving at an incredible speed; it appeared to be > skald speed (i considered the possibility of him having a buffbot with end regen etc, but man he was flying).

with my rm, if i cast, or am hit/damaged, the speed chant drops for a few seconds, so i'm assuming its the same with chanters. this guy was dot'd, and continually lifetapped, but his speed never dropped for a second- and he swam @ almost the same rate he ran, whilst being dot'd?

is this normal?

again, apologies if i'm off the mark; and pls don't flame since i've not mentioned anyone's name :)

M

madferrit

Hmm sounds like a ghost issue to me...seem to be moving fast even through water... did he actually try to attack or anything, or just carried on running in a straight line?

R

riv

nah deffo wasn't a ghost, this happened about 3 or 4 times, and there were 4 of us observing this. one occassion he ran from mid bridge across the water to alb area, then waited when he'd got some distance, then pegged it again when we cast on him :<

O

old.Belorfyn

Just report the indicent and if the guy really was cheating, he will mostly probably do it again. And then GOA might catch him and ban.

People should remember that they don't need to be sure to report, it's GOA's job to find the evidence by monitoring or checking logs or whatever is it that they do.

Good thing you didn't post names but, unfortunately, if the guy was really cheating, uses these forums and happened to see this, it's just message for him to stop cheating for while..

H

Hamromendou

I know why he moves with such a great speed, if you buy a speed ticket at merchants in housing zone and hurry to port into battleground the speed stays on you even if you port, so he has speed song 4 :D

S

scarffs

Not while you're doted/lifetapped/any combat action.

H

Hamromendou

He said the speed dissapeared for a few seconds so..

O

ormorof

he said he would expect speed to dissapear for a few seconds but it didnt even though this chanter was dot'd lifetapped whatever :p

just report it, and goa will investigate

B

boni_ofdavoid

Not a ranger using speed boost? Sure it was chanter i guess..

D

Driwen

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Not a ranger using speed boost? Sure it was chanter i guess..

speed boost if is even lousier than chanters speed as you cant use it more than once in 5 mins and doesnt last longer than 45 secs in bg3 with pathfinding 34 (which is imo rather gimpy :p). It also get stopped just as easily as bard/chanter speed or even easier ;). So it is either a bug or cheating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom