Speed Cameras

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dunno if anyone knows/cares about this one. Might be worth seeing if the government ignore the people some more?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Signed.

Not that it will stop them, they just make far too much money out of them.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Signed.

Will be a bit late tho, I've just had a court summons through - apparently I was doing 57 in a 40 last november and got zapped by a speed camera. Oh yeah and I'm getting done for section 172. Confusing on two points. 1) I can't remember was speed I was doing last week never mind last november. 2) How can I get done for failing to identify the driver when they haven't sent me the relevant forms (i.e the NIP) so I can identify myself (on a PACE witness statement of course). Hmmmm.

Chilly

Balls of steel
that's what court is for I spose.

Signing that petition is a waste of time and you know it.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
If you dont want to get in trouble, dont speed, speed cameras are there to discourage people from speeding and therefore save lives.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*ZZZzzz*

Bodhi

If you dont want to get in trouble, dont speed, speed cameras are there to discourage people from speeding and therefore save lives.

Is that why road deaths havent fallen since speed cameras were introduced? Is that why excessive speed is only the cause of around 8% of accidents? Is that why I'm now going to tell you to shut the fuck up and stop being a quim?

I believe so.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Being the daoc megastar he is, i bet he cant even drive a bicycle let alone a car.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
so is that your argument...he plays daoc so cant know anything about cars

lol

Only stupid people get caught speeding...fact, you cant have known the road or you would have known there was a speed camera there, so either you are stupid enough to do 57 in an unknown 40 zone or you are stupid enough to do 57 past a speed camera you knew was there.

Not that i agree with speeding cameras as they dont actually stop people from speeding or cut down on accidents, all they do is make the police money.

Its the old "i am a great driver i can speed safely! (until you kill yourself or someone else) its like those live forever bracelets that they had in VIZ

57 in a forty zone then you deserve to lose your licence.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
im all for speed cams out side schools and old peoples homes, hospitals etc but theres a dual carriage way with about 6 speed cams (7 if you count a fat pig camping in his van) where i live and that is fucking absurd i drive up and down that carriageway and in the 10years ive been driving not one accident all its done is add 10 mins to my jorney and help kill the planet a little more

Chilly

Balls of steel
driving slower in top gear is more fuel efficient than driving faster in top gear, air resistance goes up roughly as velocity cubed.

Bodhi

lol

Only stupid people get caught speeding...fact, you cant have known the road or you would have known there was a speed camera there, so either you are stupid enough to do 57 in an unknown 40 zone or you are stupid enough to do 57 past a speed camera you knew was there.

Not that i agree with speeding cameras as they dont actually stop people from speeding or cut down on accidents, all they do is make the police money.

Its the old "i am a great driver i can speed safely! (until you kill yourself or someone else) its like those live forever bracelets that they had in VIZ

57 in a forty zone then you deserve to lose your licence.

You deserve to lose your fingers for posting such an enormous amount of shit. You need to get out from behind your computer and realise there's far bigger dangers out there than people doing 57 on a road that used to have a 70mph limit.

throdgrain

FH is my second home

It might sound harsh, but rule number one in life is that people who play DAOC sure as fuck cant drive cars.
And are superbly sanctimonious on account of being 12 years old and thus have an opinion on everything and knowledge of fuck all.

:D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hey :) Whilst we're on the subject, why not slag me off for my new car. Its a 3.7L petrol Jeep Cherokee. Not only is it pretty fast for a 4x4, but it does 14 miles to the gallon too!
Get in boys! Gimme a pompous opinion! :p

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Pah, leaving a large carbon footprint indeed!

You ought to be more like me and leave a wangprint instead...

...it's smaller than a foot :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You deserve to lose your fingers for posting such an enormous amount of shit. You need to get out from behind your computer and realise there's far bigger dangers out there than people doing 57 on a road that used to have a 70mph limit.

you probably spend far more time spent sitting behind your PS2 showing off your driving skills than i do sat at my PC.

I am not against driving fast i am against stupid people like yourself who think they can handle a car because they got a 1.40 lap on GT3, getting caught on a speed camera. Any decent driver would check out a road before blasting along it at near 60 therefore would know there was a speed camera. So we come to my point of stupid people getting caught speeding. Either you are stupid and drove fast on a road you dont/didnt know or you did it with full knowledge of doing so would get you a speeding ticket. Which type of stupid are you?

And before you start on DAOC i haven't played it in ages properly. But i imagine just today you were sat in your bedroom playing on your playstation.

Trem

At least if it goes to court the Scammers won't get your money Bodhi.

Bodhi

you probably spend far more time spent sitting behind your PS2 showing off your driving skills than i do sat at my PC.

I am not against driving fast i am against stupid people like yourself who think they can handle a car because they got a 1.40 lap on GT3, getting caught on a speed camera. Any decent driver would check out a road before blasting along it at near 60 therefore would know there was a speed camera. So we come to my point of stupid people getting caught speeding. Either you are stupid and drove fast on a road you dont/didnt know or you did it with full knowledge of doing so would get you a speeding ticket. Which type of stupid are you?

And before you start on DAOC i haven't played it in ages properly. But i imagine just today you were sat in your bedroom playing on your playstation.

I can play playstation in the lounge, I have my own flat. And I haven't played Gran Turismo in ages, too busy working for a living. You might realise that when you're old enough for a paper round.

Anyway I'm clearly the kind of stupid that falls for the "hidden mobile speed camera miles away from the road itself" trick. The trick where they don't use it as a deterrent, just a plain money-maker, zapping people the second they cross over a blind crest on a wide open dual carriageway. It was on the A34 just outside the monkey sanctuary at Tittensor, I'm sure Trem can vouch that the particular bit of road in question used to be a 60mph limit til the mobile camera vans turned up. People who use the road everyday are getting zapped by it, I guess they're all stupid too?

And if it goes to court Trem I'm hoping that the people who run the road safety courses you can go on instead of taking the points get my money, cos I;d rather not have any more points on my licence. Don't think I can could handle driving round for a year and a half with 9 points on my licence with all the scameras round here. I can see me having to get the bus for 56 days....

Trem

Oh fucking hell Bods, they got me there as well. Absolute joke, they zap you as *soon* as you get out of the 60mph bit (if you were coming from Trentham), and if you are going the other way the trees hide them as you come down the hill. Raven - I worked along that stretch of road, I had to drive it everyday to get to work and the camera van that is there is purely to make money and no I aren't stupid. I think I did about 7mph over the limit(not intentionally, I had to pass a lorry) and they did me. In fact that stretch of road was on Top Gear, I think there is about 30 cameras between Stoke and Stafford and they still put scamera vans on there because it is easy money (bends, hills, trees to hide behind). I'm sorry for no paragraphs but it crashes Mozilla when I press enter on FH :/

I stopped going that way to work after a bit just so I could have a relaxing drive, I went the Hanchurch/Beech caves way to work and guess what Bod, they put a scmaera van on that stretch to zap the people who changed their route. They make my fucking blood boil. On a similar subject I drove to Scotland the other day about my speeding and it was adjourned because the copper didn't show, which cheered me right up after travelling for 4 hours. Scottish courts are horrible, there is no waiting room, they all wait in the court room so you have to have your hearing in front of 50 jock criminals. Not the best situation for an English man :(

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Speeders can't be placed into one category, there of different kinds of speeders. You have your sensible drivers who sometimes stray over the limit because it is difficult and downright dangerous to stare at your speedo constanly (which is why they can bring in the no tolerance rule), you have your circumstance drivers like me who will drive past a school at 30mph during the daytime but at 2am on a saturday night may up it to 40-45mph or on a straight open road go from 60mph to 80mph, but then there are your excessive speeders and these guys take the piss 100+ is not right on a public road. The third group deserve to be caught and in some people's opinion the second group but not the first.
But there are worse things than speeding, uninsured/taxed/MOTed vehicles, drug drivers, drunk drivers, inexperienced/incompetant drivers, elderly drivers, foreign drivers (their standards can be lower than ours). these could all be dealt with but it's easier to go after speeders.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hey :) Whilst we're on the subject, why not slag me off for my new car. Its a 3.7L petrol Jeep Cherokee. Not only is it pretty fast for a 4x4, but it does 14 miles to the gallon too!
Get in boys! Gimme a pompous opinion! :p

Nice car :) You can get them onto lpg don't ya know.

And just ask anyone who talks about 'carbon footprints' how long their car will be driving around for compared to yours.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I read an interesting statistic today.

65% of speeding tickets are given to the over 35's

60% of accidents happen to the under 35's

Further proof that the speed traps are not hitting the group that they need to in order to reduce injury and death.

Oh and I don't think that anyone denies that it is lack of attention that is the main contributory factor in the majority of accidents these days, something that sped cameras are utterly useless at stopping.

RB

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Nice car :) You can get them onto lpg don't ya know.

And just ask anyone who talks about 'carbon footprints' how long their car will be driving around for compared to yours.

Ive done a tank full of petrol this weekend, and it did about 250 miles to a tank, which isnt TOO bad, even though the Ford did 380-ish on a good day.

LPG conversions are quite dear though Im told ..?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I read an interesting statistic today.

65% of speeding tickets are given to the over 35's

60% of accidents happen to the under 35's

Further proof that the speed traps are not hitting the group that they need to in order to reduce injury and death.

Oh and I don't think that anyone denies that it is lack of attention that is the main contributory factor in the majority of accidents these days, something that sped cameras are utterly useless at stopping.

RB

That would mean those figure you stated as being horse shit :)

Because the over 35's clearly concentrate less if they keep getting zapped :p

I know lets put more police on the roads or what ever you would still moan people that get caught breaking the law always do :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ive done a tank full of petrol this weekend, and it did about 250 miles to a tank, which isnt TOO bad, even though the Ford did 380-ish on a good day.

LPG conversions are quite dear though Im told ..?

You just have to work out when your break-even point would be, depends on how many miles per year you're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom