Speed cameras

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I heard on the radio that if you place a reflective item (CD case / aluminium foil were two that were mentioned) on your back shelf / front dashboard there's a good chance the flash will reflect back on itself and you won't get done.

Personally, I'd prefer not to chance it, but is there any truth to this ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I heard on the radio that if you place a reflective item (CD case / aluminium foil were two that were mentioned) on your back shelf / front dashboard there's a good chance the flash will reflect back on itself and you won't get done.

Personally, I'd prefer not to chance it, but is there any truth to this ?

Send it to mythbusters! :D

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Heard a couple of things like this actually. Stuff like, spraying your numberplates with some sort of shiney surface; gives the same sort of results.

Mythbusters would solve it though =O Not sure if there's any other way to test which doesn't involve either getting fined, or taking a huge chance.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
try getting a camera with a flash and take a photo of the thing in your car, then look for your self :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
its actually best to put a film over your license plate, so that the flash reflects just from that area :)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
mythbusters tested the spraying, using of film or any other license plate cover - none of them worked. then again, they couldnt manage to go fast enough in a lamborghini to outrun the speed camera firing speed while top gear managed to do so in a TVR

soze

I am a FH squatter
i think a CD on the parcel shelf would be useless its at the wrong angle ect.

And clingfilm ect will get your arrested

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
Cant remember what show it was but they used something like clingflim which partley obscured the licence plate, all they done was flip to the negative which made it plain to see, and tbh the best way to dodge those cameras is not to speed :)

MaCaBr3

Banned
you must be really naive to think that reflective items stop you from getting busted by a speedcam.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Simple and suprisingly effective way to stop those pesky cameras snapping you at those inconvenient times when you are speeding.

Stop Fucking Speeding

Its amazing the thought people put into something that can be easily avoided.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
but if im not there 3 seconds sooner the world will explode ffs!!!1

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
mythbusters tested the spraying, using of film or any other license plate cover - none of them worked. then again, they couldnt manage to go fast enough in a lamborghini to outrun the speed camera firing speed while top gear managed to do so in a TVR

You're mixing up mythbusters and top gear....

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
None of them work, all of them probably get you arrested :)

Proberly = will.

If your found guilty of trying to prevent your car getting caught speeding my speeding camera's your fucked :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom