Specialty Armor Recipes, will u use them?

Specialty Armor Recipes, will u use them

• Yes

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I will see

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • I will try make a template with it and see if its better

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I will ask friends if its worth it

Votes: 7 6.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
title says it all ^^ (i voted 'I will see', im making this poll to see if people find it worth it :p)

Specialty Armor Recipes

- We have added new level 51 armor recipes for Tailoring and Armorcrafting. Each armor piece has a predefined bonus in imbue slot 5. Players will be able to create these items and spellcraft in the four available imbue slots. The predefined imbue slot does not use any imbue points that would be used for spellcrafting purposes.

- The armor pieces have Trials of Atlantis armor textures (from Stygia, Volcanus, and Aerus sets).

- The recipes for the specialty armor pieces will require a dropped component that can be found on high-level monsters and boss monsters in classic, Shrouded Isles, and New Frontiers zones (including Passage of Conflict).

- For more information on the predefined bonuses and armor pieces available from the new Specialty recipes for Armorcrafting and Tailoring, please visit http://www.camelotherald.com/article.php?id=211

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Making ToA even easier now. Think a few people will use these.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Overdriven said:
that armor can be nice for leirv/CV char temps imo(as u only use 99% armor, well i will on my leirv inf :p)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:

You do know that these will be hard to get? I mean making a template with MP is required to get decent stats most of the time but to get MP for these armour pieces will likely cost more than MP legendaries....

At a guestimate we are probably going to be talking around 20+ plat minimum for MP sleeves..

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
You do know that these will be hard to get? I mean making a template with MP is required to get decent stats most of the time but to get MP for these armour pieces will likely cost more than MP legendaries....

At a guestimate we are probably going to be talking around 20+ plat minimum for MP sleeves..
Yeah agree with that, though it really depends on what they mean by high level monsters - just 60+ random mobs or only unique mobs? also on the drop rate. However if the drop tables are anything like leg weps then these will be extremely rare, as the bonuses aren't high enough to justify using anything less than MP still.

IMO it will be like Sidi healprocs, the superrich willuse them but nobody will feel the slightest bit gimped for not doing so.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I reckon it'll vary by character. I'll not be surprised to see some go for it. I'll probably go with the chestpieces at least for any utility (non damage) caster, as +3 all magic is pretty good when compared with the downside of GoV's CC breaking procs, and 99% version of that is better UV than a MP version of the old style.

My take on them is to try a template with 99% of these or MP of the old style, as these are both more achievable.

Darzil

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:

if the required drop components will drop at the rate of aurulite then it would be ok. if it has the drop rate of realm respec stones in PoC then we will hardly see any mp armors with the new bonuses:D

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Will maybe test it on a charr. however, i dont think its something ill use on all my charrs :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Looks from reading like they'll drop in 5's off monsters like Legendary Afanc. So high level monsters with a reasonable repop time. I'm guessing like legendary weapon components they'll drop every time.

So not too hard to kill it a couple of times and make 99% stuff, but a bit punishing if you wanted MP's.

Darzil

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Looks from reading like they'll drop in 5's off monsters like Legendary Afanc. So high level monsters with a reasonable repop time. I'm guessing like legendary weapon components they'll drop every time.

So not too hard to kill it a couple of times and make 99% stuff, but a bit punishing if you wanted MP's.

Darzil

oh, no! peeps will start to farm toa again and camp bosses for the drops :/

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I wont make any unless they fix crafting timers and the drop rates so farming/crafting isnt the grim chore it is now.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Voted "I will see",

as I won't try to farm those items, but I will get it in my template if I should get my hands on it.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i dunno about you guys but like I am finding money making is an extreme problem for me.

like I only RVR, I cba to pve. A template does usually cost me like around 30-100 to do (usualy nearer say 30 or less because I have most items) but like no one seems to be buying stuff on vendors anymore. Im not sure how peeps make their money.

its not really a problem upgrading 1 toon, its just like we all have loads of toons and like when a new patch kicks in, those toons that you dont have like 500 hours to spend farming or redoing templates for them, get left behind.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Cenci I dono how meny artys etc u have in your template, but at least on my sorc I earn money enough to pay my barrels aswell + armor repair... and still have some left.

but on my mincer my armor declayed 3-4 times faster than my weapons cuz of stealth zerg and all the gimpy dual wielders and on that I didn't have a chance to earn money after repairing :p (loved suiside runs on brynja tho to see how meny I could kill :p )

so I guess it's just a matter of how much u get hit compaired to how offen u kill anything :p

I haven't really made much money since u could farm artys but I helped a friend level a char up and toa it and we PL'd in the Instance dungeons and they give quite a lot of money acually, just bring pbaoe+shield tank+spread healer(with fop), and pull all of it :) good xp decent money if u can speed it up.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil has a good point, it could actually work out very nice for many people. In fact the +3 skill gems all take up 5 imbue points, which is exactly the difference between 99% and MP armour (32.5 and 37.5 points repsectively fully OCd). Therefore people who have +melee or magic skills in the SC in their temps, which is virtually every meleer and many casters, will generally, by slightly rearranging their SC be able to make MP quality templates with 99% armour of the new type.

Now until drop rates are known for sure it can't be certain that that this is worthwhile, but 99% is a 1 in 6 chance so I don't think it should take too long to farm the components, almost certainly less than the time taken to farm the 10-25p for MP chain and equivalent.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Void959 said:
Now until drop rates are known for sure it can't be certain that that this is worthwhile, but 99% is a 1 in 6 chance so I don't think it should take too long to farm the components, almost certainly less than the time taken to farm the 10-25p for MP chain and equivalent.

99 % quality is a 1 in 4 chance if you use the + 2 minimum quality item from the quest.

Danita

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Reno said:
99 % quality is a 1 in 4 chance if you use the + 2 minimum quality item from the quest.

Danita
What she said. Always use that tool if making order stuff.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Well that's true but imo it's not worth the time to do the quest for conventional armour of any quality, it doesn't affect MP chance anyway. Could be worth it for the new 99% stuff though.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
why do ppl vote in a poll thats this old, poll should auto close if not voted for 2 weeks or something, this is stupid

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I just read this post not realising it is old :|A

I thought this was going to be about the new hats and stuff. A great way to identify your guild if they are all wearing Jester hats or something.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Someone must have been bored to dig this one up, now that we use nothing but these parts in temps, its always funny to look back at all the doomsayers who now eat their own jester hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom