Special shout out to old Excalibur players...

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Many of you have quit... Some of you have quit many times (been there done that myself)... Its hard really, because you feel a sense of community spirit with a game you've been playing for several years.

Well, I quit long ago - must be a few years ago i believe (not sure exactly, I'm sorry). But yes, I'm waiting for Warhammer to try out a new game once again and sure hope to meet some of the oldies from DAoC. My hope is to get that feeling of being 'noob' again.

But what have you quitters been doing in between the daoc-quit and now?

Me, I have finished my studies (MSc in Business Economics and Auditing) - DAoC was responsible for delaying that for several years I'm afraid ;) I now work as a chief financial officer and I'm with the same girlfriend as before (she actually dumped me for a while due to me playing too much DAoC, but I turned down the DAoC playing time and we've been together ever since - soon a whole decade :)) I've moved a few times, and changed job a few times, since the DAoC Era.

Surely I miss roaming in Odin's. Surely I miss the flames. And surely I miss the online chatting with all different kind of people - often people you would never meet irl.

So what's you been up to? (Please, only those from the original Excalibur server - and please, no flames when someone writes about themselves - would be nice to see a flameless thread for once ;))

glaciuss

Fledgling Freddie
hehe nice 1

Hmm i gues so many quit and never came back .. to play .. i played a reaver called Archeron ..like 3 years ago.. didnt played a while after that ..and now i started again..but so few of the old players have remained .. :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I tried to quit awhile back for about a month and played Lineage 2 instead but as much as I loved the game, the pvp system just sucked way to much compared to daoc.

I still play this but not a fraction as seriously as I used to, now I can happily shrug of whatever is happening in the frontiers and go watch TV if im not enjoying it rather then just get frustrated.

Inbetween has all been work, promotions, dating and a couple of car crashes. Life goes on.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Hva' så champ? :D

All well here, still playing.. Mostly on avalon, but I am too addicted and in love with my alb chars on excalibur that I keep playing em, just a little bit :)

Good to hear from an old timer ;P

Ging

Part of the furniture
so u didnt become a professional gamer then? :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Hey Z, glad to see your life is going well. I still play a few hours a week. Sometimes more if I'm stuck in some shit hole with decent internet whilst on a biz trip.

Seen Stephen around on the server as well, not too many of the old RD's left though :(

I'm still in Dubai getting paid far too much!

Will defo be in Warhammer.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
still 'ere :p

though not nearly as active as I used to be (thanks to little miss "wah" in the sig)

Everz

FH is my second home
meduza you legend, even though you left not long after i was closing in 50 still remember fearing roaming around incase of getting 'owned' ;<

currently doing gcse work/revision.. going smoothly :england:

cadwaladr

Loyal Freddie
Im still here :p I take the ocasional break mainly to play SWG or Guild Wars. then I come back n run headfirst into a keep door.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
i have quit many times also...but last time i manage to stay away...thats almost a year ago...i can renew to logg on to say hi but i play wow now and that is enough for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom