+ Spec items

C

CliffyG

If i was full spec in staff for instance and had +6 staff from items what would be the result? I was under the impression that you do get some improvement but have read in other threads that you don't.

L

liste

with most spec lines, you wont get any new abilities.
<envenom is the only exception, i think?>.

what you WILL get, however, is the benefits you would get from speccing, otherwise.
these are:

Higher damage cap.
Better damage variation.
pretty sure Weaponskill is influenced as well.

I might be wrong, of course :)

P

Pixie.Pebr

Going higher in specc than your level (eg. Lvl50 Friar with 50 specc staff + 6 from Items = 56 Staff) does _not_ make as big a difference as, for example, being level 50 with 44 staff + 6 from Items = 50.
The evil words are: Diminishing Returns.
Learn to hate them.

P

Pempulla

Is there any use for +nurture items in the game? If so, what might that be? +nature items for druids do not seem too useful either, although may help them get their pet one level higher or something (and that only if they havent really specced into the nature line for the lower level pets...?).
Some spec + items do make some difference, e.g. regrowth, stealth, envenom, weapon specs, parry, etc. can all be useful. But nurture...?

S

Shike

actually, +items to nurture should raise the effects of the buffs. The delved value you see when you shift+i is not the actual value you get from it when buffing. It has to do with how much skill you have in nurture aswell, For instanse, take a buff and drag it to the quickbar, lvl up once and specc some in the buffline and you will notice that when you cast it again after you raised nurture it will have a greater effect, even when using the same buff that you used before you lvld. I have tried this and am 100% sure it works that way. However, i have no access to +nurtureitems and cant test if it works the same when raising it with items.

P

- Pathfinder -

Base buffs work like that, spec buffs are always 1.25 of the delve value (provided you do not have any MoA).

S

Shike

aah oke, thx pathfinder

so whats the optimal to get in a buffingline then? i hear 42 + that RA that adds some, correct? If you are a topbuffer I mean.

M

Meatballs

you'll probably cap basebuffs with 42 enhance and no ra's. Try it out, cast them on a level50 and see if it increases the stats by 50 (thats the cap). If it does, try the lower version of the spell, you might cap it with that as well and that'll save you some Conc.

P

- Pathfinder -

Optimal depends entirely upon what you want ;) The 40 spec Dex/Qui will cap with 44 spec, and so will the 36 Str/Con (if you have 1 or 2 levels of MoA, can't rememebr which). Acuity won't, but it's a bitch to cap, and base buffs will of course all cap :p The situation is pretty much the same at 42 spec, though you will miss out on the ebst spec AF buff and HP regen (As a cleric).

O

old.Kladen

i was just about to post a new thread but ill add my question to here.

if a class for example cleric, used a +10 crush mace would he/she hit harder?

same goes for druids and +blades/blunt

O

old.Lianuchta

I have heard rumors that +nurture raises the level of the BT of a Warden, then again I've also been told that this is not true...

D

DocWolfe

+sheild and +parry dont have diminishing returns

J

Jiggs

mythic tell bs

up to 55staff you see a reasonable increase but getting your staff beyond about say 60 is pointless

on buffs: some dont cap out until you are over 50 in enhance as well

D

Delket

Up to 50 increasing with spec or + is a constant increase, after that each level has diminishing returns

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom