Spec for new soloing chanter

D

darbey

Im gonna roll a lvl 30 chanter (Oh no not another chanter i hear u scream) , this is just for some pve fun. Was wondering what spec is best for solo play. I know mana rules for focus grps and pbae groups but this is for pure solo play really. When i say best i mean for fun value, mana downtime. I dont have a buff bot on hib.

Thanks for opinions.

PS what abilities do the different pets have?

R

.Raewyn

Mana is semi-good for soloing and very good for groups. Light is good for soloing, but groups dont want you. Enhancements is very crap for both :)

C

Cush

Enchantments is very good if you are a bot and making thid tank alts.

A

Aran Thule

Have a look here for info on pets.

Ive played as light spec and mana spec (both with a bit in enchantment).
Personally i prefer mana as its a differant style and has a few options focus pull/pbaoe/debuff to help other mages.
I found light to be too similar to hunting with my ranger (maybe i was doing it wrong :) )

but as you are using /30 why not make a starting character and spec each type, then grab a scroll from the sylvan by the portal in the grove and test it out against some of the alp/pookas just east (hib side) of DL.
See which combat style you prefer and go for that. <grin>

H

haarewin

imo, go 40 mana, 29 enchantments (pet gets self heal proc) and the rest into light. excellent farmbot for when we get df :)

D

darbey

Think ill be playing WoW 10 when hib gets DF 8)

S

szleynix

If just solo.

Try either...
Full Enchant, shud easily solo 3-4 oranges with 1 pow bar
Enchant, with 9 mana for focus shield - easily solo 3 oranges at the same time.

T

tildson

i soloed mine 16-20 with light, thought mana would be better and i respecced. BUT! The manadrain was a monster, yeah u could solo 3oranges or 5-6yellows, but that resulted in a 0-25% full manabar after pull was over.

Not very mana efficient :(

Try light 30-40, then mana for 40+. Its very slow soloing above 40, and you will get groups pretty easy in CF. Dont count on fin4, since its camped almost all day - but other fins works too but its abit slower.

B

Bebopbo

imo max enchantmenst rest in mana until 40 then respec to max mana rest light rdy for rvr.

After patch Focus shield is being nerfed so you will need your pet nicely buffed if soloing.
I levd my chanter not long after daoc was released & i went full enchants, you get nice buffs for your pet & you can EASILY solo oranges with nps & very little downtime, low levels you can even solo purples but for the downtime & XP cap it's not worth really worth doing anything above oranges. Oranges i found were the best xp as it was fast & as i said ..little downtime :)

good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom