Speaking of french people

N

Nightchill

Well, as it vaguely says, France has done a lot of this sort of stuff before (especially in the 70s (?) and 1994).

edit: just remembered (as a slightly tangential example) that in 1996 they forced all French radio stations to ensure that 40% of songs played were in French. bless 'em :)

O

old.job

Another one, France is the only country in the world where English isn't the official language for Airline pilots.

You can fly an airliner round France without having the slightest knowledge of English.

O

old.job

Oh yeah, we do a lot of offroading in France, cos they love it and you don't get a hord of locals after you (all proper arranged events mind you, no ripping up fields)
Well I was taking pics of my mate coming down a huge drop and a gang of locals (this is real France mind you, where no-one speaks any English)
A Guy says something like 'that looks cool' to me, I reply 'Pardon Anglais'.
They all stared for 30 seconds and moved away about 50 ft and carried on staring.

And all you get is 'why don't you learn better French?'

Im- like why? I'm gonna be arsed learning a whole new language thats only spoken in France a bit of Canada and a few African countries.
I'd be better off teaching you better English, then we'd all benefit.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.job
I reply 'Pardon Anglais'.
They all stared for 30 seconds and moved away about 50 ft and carried on staring.

old.job. When you ask for French people to speak english, stop pressing on the gaspedal like you were going to run them over in the next 5 seconds with your monster4x4. :D

S

Serbitar

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson - King of Top Gear and lover of fast cars:

"I love france, I love their cars, I love their beautiful country, I love their beer, I love their wine and I love their food. In fact I would love to live in France... If it wasn't for the french."

M

Munkey-

Eiffel tower is on fire!

Dearie me. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "french fries"

N

ning

If you don't speak french you can't understand.
"Courriel" has ALWAYS been used in french speaking Quebec (since the beginning of the internet, they never use the word "e-mail"). It is not a new word.
In France, we use the word "shopping" whereas in french speaking Quebec they use "magasinage" (magasin = shop). If a day in France we use the word "magasinage" instead "shopping" where would be the problem ???
(same thing with "week-end" used in France but not in french speaking Quebec, etc...)

PS : electronic + mail = e-mail.
courrier (=mail) + electronique = courriel.

PPS : If you are stupid, you can also blam Island where they use the word NETFANG instead "e-mail". Oh my God they use their own language !!!!!
http://www.si.is/skipulag/starfsfolk_mynd.html

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
Sacre bleu! a sour fwoggie!

Fromagé? Non? Merde! Le petit fromagé? Tre bien!

N

ning

Sacre bleu! a sour fwoggie!

Very good argument ! but sorry i'm a german living in France ...
(are you 12 years old ? all your post are 1 line post)

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by ning
Very good argument ! but sorry i'm a german living in France ...
(are you 12 years old ? all your post are 1 line post)

Wow, you read through all 4426 posts? You must have some boring life there, sausage fwoggie.

And yes, as a matter of fact I am 12 years old.

N

ning

Wow, you read through all 4426 posts?

yes, as a matter of fact I read all 4427 posts.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

o03.jpg

Here's another for you to read, whilst eating some snails and a baguette.

N

Nightchill

no, it's not a new word. the point of the thread was that now they must use it instead of "email" in government documents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom