News spanish baby thefts - wtf ?!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The Daily Mail and The Guardian, two bastions of proper research and fair reporting!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Quite a few countries have skeletons in their closet about this kind of thing; UK, Ireland, Australia (not just British kids coming in, but the treatment of Aboriginal kids), Romania, and now it seems, Spain. I bet there are plenty of others too.

Of course the Fail has picked up the catholic angle, but I think you could substitute the word "catholic" for "establishment" and that would work just as well. Reading the Guardian article, in Spain it wasn't just priests and nuns involved.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Daily Mail and The Guardian, two bastions of proper research and fair reporting!

True. It's a bit big to be a totally made up story tho eh? And the Catholic church is involved so based on previous form it's probably an under-estimate eh?

Fucking religion and its idiot followers :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nah, I know its not a made up story. It's the numbers involved, seemingly plucked from thin air by The Guardian and the Mail

Chilly

Balls of steel
Taking kids from useless single mothers and giving them to well to do religious couples? It probably benfitted society tbh. However, eugenics can also probably benefit society but we (as a society) deem it to be a bit dodgy so don't do it very much.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't think they cared very much whether the other family was well to do or not, just whether they could pay.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm curious, do you lot trust any news sites what so ever anymore? Every time a news article pops up you all scoff and go 'pah, x (newspaper) is y (derogatory word)'.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I don't think they cared very much whether the other family was well to do or not, just whether they could pay.

And if the price is £15,000 I think that's a pretty good indicator they are well off.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm curious, do you lot trust any news sites what so ever anymore? Every time a news article pops up you all scoff and go 'pah, x (newspaper) is y (derogatory word)'.

Generally speaking. No.

Certainly not the UK press or the BBC anyway.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Generally speaking. No.

Certainly not the UK press or the BBC anyway.

The BBC rarely write utter lies. They over or understate a fair amount but the facts are generally reported accurately.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
True. It's a bit big to be a totally made up story tho eh? And the Catholic church is involved so based on previous form it's probably an under-estimate eh?

Fucking religion and its idiot followers :(

As I said, just dumping the blame on religion is a cop-out; in the Spanish case the root of all this started out as political (enemies of Franco) not directly religious. This kind of thing is usually about power and social class rather than religion.

And if the price is £15,000 I think that's a pretty good indicator they are well off.

Not really. I know people spending absolute fortunes on IVF which they really can't afford. You'd be amazed how wanting a child can make normally rational people behave like bankers on bonus day when it comes to splashing the cash.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Er we do this everyday, its called social services, the difference is the lying about being an orphan bit, which is si catholic church, fuck the inividuals unless theyre rich and well connected, as long as the ship sails smoothly

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Taking kids from useless single mothers and giving them to well to do religious couples? It probably benfitted society tbh.

I don't see how an increase in the numbers of religious people would benefit society one bit. They are full of judgement and think like sheep.

I daresay there's a lot of suffering that's been caused by this.

The BBC rarely write utter lies. They over or understate a fair amount but the facts are generally reported accurately.

Y'see, I feel that way too. However, the handful of stories that have been reported on the beeb that I've had direct exposure to have been lied about.

I guess "I don't know" is the reasonable answer. Papers, media in general, history books (!), could be talking complete shite and the vast majority would never know different.

I'd wager that we'd be shocked beyond belief if we knew the exact truth.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Since it's your b-day, i'll give you a gift of "Not getting involved in a religious debate".

You're welcome :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's generous Toht. You don't add anything reasonable to the religious debate anyway - you'd try to tell us that institutionalised child theft by catholics is down to the individuals and in no way reflects badly on the catholic chuch or can be linked to religionists, religious thinking or religion itself, in any way.

It's not as if the catholics have form for being a bunch of murderers, crusaders and child rapists eh?

:)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Do you have a script that watches for when I post or something toht?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Do you have a script that watches for when I post or something toht?

Yeah, with just two clicks i can switch a tab and refresh a page. I know i know, it's quite high-tech, but you have to have these things in my line of work :D

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Toht has the devils advocate plugin didnt you know that?

just put a list of forum users names in it and it automatically posts in their threads with an argument diametrically opposed to what they are saying :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toht has the devils advocate plugin didnt you know that?

just put a list of forum users names in it and it automatically posts in their threads with an argument diametrically opposed to what they are saying :)

No i don't :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom