spam mail

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Since I run a website I've pretty much accepted that I'll always get a lot of spam in my mailbox every day but TODAY has been unbelievable. Normally I'll get 20-30 messages, all filtered into the junk folder by Thunderbird but today it's been 150+ most very similar.

Anyone else noticed such a jump in the crap coming into thier mailbox?

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, some of the agencies that run the spam services have been increasing there output (the new bill passes in a few months). Till then, expect more to come. If you have a website, post your address as a bitmap of jpeg file. Makes it harder for search software to grab it. Someone has to visit and find it manually.

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Try this:

http://www.spampal.org/

I get bucket loads of spam daily, and while you still have to download it, it doesn't just delete it, but moves it somewhere so you can plod through them to make sure there aren't any real mails in there!

Been using it for ages, and it probably catches about 95% of all the crap that hits my inbox.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
bloody spam mailers i hate them! i hate the people who phone when your in the shower to try and sell you something too! i thouroughly dislike marketing in general since i worked for one and saw what a bunch of mercenary cheating buggers they all are......<goes off to fume in a corner>

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
my most hated is people who cold call at your house, especially since we have a door entry system in my building and they insist on calling at every door even though they've not announced themselves.

bastids! I always give them the "no not interested now sod off"

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ooh oh oh and those buggers that brandish clip boards and stop you in the street "excuse me miss can you spare a few minutes?" "no i sodding cant i've just shop lifted a frozen turkey from tesco and its going to start smelling if i stay in the sun too long!!" :twak: though i have found if you walk about with a set of head phones on you can ligitamately ignore them and beggers its great!

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
I usually figure, if there gonna waste your (you're) time, you might as well waste theres, or take the piss. Either is good if your up for some fun. Firstly, if it's election time (much like now) then use some imagination. Stick a sign on the door or window for all to see saying "Voting for the CLITORIS party!" This should deter most for actually coming near your house. Sometimes works for bible nuts too. Answer the door with a knife of blunt implement shouting "For fucks sake i don't want any more goddam knives!" then slam the door, Hard! This works well on anybody coming to the door, including trick or treaters (i forgot it was halloween one year). Lastly, if your a quick talker and good at gabbing, you can try a nice trick a friend of mine use's. When he opens the door he start of with "Whoareyou?Thepolice?GotAwarrant?No?Goodbye!" Real fast... less than 3 seconds for the whole thing.

Or there's my own personal way of doing it.
Open the door, and automatically say in a loud tone "NO! Stop peddaling your drugs here, or ill call the police!" just loud enough so that everyone in the street can hear. Works wonders, in fact we havent seen the Kleeneaze ppl in months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom