Spain

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Another terrorist hit, official casualty list is 131 dead and more then 400 wounded.
I can't believe that in the so called civilized Europe that people would do that against each other.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Its been happening in the UK for years, I'm not surprised.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
those poor people :( it's the worst attack to date in spain :(

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Guy in the office next to me is Spanish, all his family live and work in Madrid and catch those very trains to college/work every day. Seems they're all OK but there was a frantic couple of hours when he was trying to contact them :/

I'm not as desensitised as you Tom, it still shocks me. Mainly because it amazes me that anyone can be so misguided as to the usefulness to any cause of bombs targetting civilians. Surely any group with a political agenda must realise that the only way to achieve anything approaching their goals or even recognition has to have mass popular support? And the the best way to LOSE that popular support is to blow up the very people you're trying to get on your side!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
News reports are saying ETA was behind this, but ETA generally don't attack civilians... so is this a new thing for them? Or was it someone else... :\

Until now, the deadliest attack by ETA was a 1987 supermarket blast in Barcelona that killed 21 people.

Death toll is up to 170 btw. :/

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Well it won't be sure for atleast 3 months, the ETA normally waits 3 months before they give out a statement.
Though some ETA people are saying now that it might be the Islamic resistance, I guess by saying resistance they mean terrorist from Al Quada.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Yeh bad day for spain :(

although im off to the match tonight (toon v Mallaroca) and was looking very foward to it I think its a bit harsh that UEFA aint postponed the matches involving the Spanish teams.

I know there is a few thousand in Toon but surely they will be able to be compensated :(

mank!

Part of the furniture
It's so terribly sad. I've been hearing about it all day on the radio but seeing pictures on the news just now has really made it sink in. This is a huge tragedy and my thoughts go out to those effected by it.

The worrying thing for the rest of us is that this could happen anytime, anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom