Source of the lag (and some odd ghosts)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Seems that the severe lag we've been having started around the time three things happened

1. The Opentransit 'maintenance'
2. The NF downloads becoming available
3. Installing the NF patch

Elsewhere people have been saying that they could see a ghost of Castle Sauvage at the new location for NF, and last night I saw a pack of grey con hounds (like lag ghosts) at amg in emain (the only other time I have seen these mobs was while exploring frontiers in the Beta). So I was wondering if anyone who HASN'T downloaded the NF patch is having trouble with the severe lag?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
the hounds are a Hunter ability for tracking stealthers after they killed someone.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
the hounds are a Hunter ability for tracking stealthers after they killed someone.

Ah thanks for that 2.5 years in game and never seen em before - guess its cos I don't play a stealther regularly :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Javai said:
anyone who HASN'T downloaded the NF patch is having trouble with the severe lag?
Yes

Traceroutes prove its Opentransit thats the problem, other theories are nice but easily dismissed as being wrong ;)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
Traceroutes prove its Opentransit thats the problem, other theories are nice but easily dismissed as being wrong ;)

I'm just desperate ;)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Javai said:
I'm just desperate ;)
Thank god for WoW: trying to play DAoC at the moment requires far far more patience than I have.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Draylor said:
Thank god for WoW: trying to play DAoC at the moment requires far far more patience than I have.
And when WoW goes live on the same Opentransit link (its based in France too you know :p) youll be here crying as normal about the lag. Dont start another "WoW is l337zor!" post.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
And when WoW goes live on the same Opentransit link (its based in France too you know :p) youll be here crying as normal about the lag. Dont start another "WoW is l337zor!" post.
haha pwnd :flame:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
can we blame the WoW players for lagging DAoC when that happens? :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
Euro servers for WoW are NOT hosted in France, and from whats been said wont be hosted in France.

The office for the support folks is in Paris - but thats irrelevant.

Nice attempt at trying to be clever - guess youll have to try again ;)

(Seriously of course the connection wont be perfect: but it really CANT be any worse than what we've had to put up with due to OpenTransit)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Draylor said:
Euro servers for WoW are NOT hosted in France, and from whats been said wont be hosted in France.

(Seriously of course the connection wont be perfect: but it really CANT be any worse than what we've had to put up with due to OpenTransit)
Source?

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:

From the WoW boards:
To provide the absolute best connectivity to our game servers, Blizzard has set up dedicated datacenters for World of Warcraft in multiple regions around the world. These local servers provide low-latency, high-speed access to ensure players have the best possible experience playing the game. In addition to providing local servers, Blizzard has established local teams, including game masters, community team members, and technical support staff, in each region in order to provide players with a high level of customer support in their native language. Because of these local teams, customers will be able to have their game-related concerns addressed promptly and efficiently by knowledgeable and helpful support representatives who understand local issues. All of these factors will contribute to providing players with the best possible gameplay experience when playing World of Warcraft on their regional servers.
If Blizzard allready have set up a team in france, wouldn't the above quote suggest that the servers will be there to? And tbh, it would be pretty stupid to divide the support team from the server team, especialy when Blizzard seems hellbent on fast quality support. ^^
Also if you look at their Employment Opportunities, that to should hint that it infact will be based in france.
Who's clever now? ;)

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:

Ditto - but with City of Heroes.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Teh FnoRd said:
From the WoW boards:

If Blizzard allready have set up a team in france, wouldn't the above quote suggest that the servers will be there to? And tbh, it would be pretty stupid to divide the support team from the server team, especialy when Blizzard seems hellbent on fast quality support. ^^
Also if you look at their Employment Opportunities, that to should hint that it infact will be based in france.
Who's clever now? ;)

Aye. Seems like those 'regions around the world' is a fancy way of saying; We'll have dedicated servers and support somewhere in the US, and in the EU (france), and in South Korea, and in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom