sounds.dat/crashes on login

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
Have contacted Rightnow but they are slow to respond and haven't helped much so far...

I recently renewed DAoC after not playing for a month. I log in fine and it updates etc but after choosing what server to log into the trials of atlantis loading screen comes up and it says 'version 1.68 loading....' then the programme freezes/stops responding. Every time I log in after it must download sounds.dat again in the update thingy. I'm on windows xp.

I have tried reinstalling the game and downloading updates directx files/graphics drivers. It strange because up until recently I was able to play the game fine! I have run a number of anti virus programmes including an online virus scanner and Norton antivirus (which I updated with the latest definitions etc). A number of worms/viruses were identified and removed (including agobot, which I assumed was the problem but evidently it isn't :p) and I even reinstalled the game (again) after running these but to no avail.

Please don't tell me to format c: lol

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
Well, RightNow have told me to delete everything in the Camelot folder except camelot.exe, because apparently I have a corrupt install. I'm thinking this is just a get out clause, because the game was woring fine before I stopped playing a month ago. The original install that worked fine stopped working; therefore it can't be due to a corrupt install. Since I'm on a 256kb/s conenction I can't really download the whole game again because it's over a gigabyte!.

C'mon, someone must have had this error before! :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom