Sound problem?

S

Sawtooth

I have the same prob with the demo and now the full game. Music and start movie are fine but as soon as I join a map I get a load tinny white noise that sounds quite rhythmic.

I have a soundblaster live and having read on a forum elsewhere that installing the creative drivers and reinstalling the game solved this I tried this myself. Its a little better and occasionally the white noise stops but it does return intermittantly. Now my cards okay as I play lots of other games. Does anyone have any suggestions?

W

Will

I seem to remember the answer being to enable hardware sound.

But that is a guess.

S

Summo

Yes. I got that exact problem with my SB 512 PCI. Enabling hardware sound fixed the problem.

But caused another with shity framerates. I've spammed my woes all over this forum like a cat marking its terittory so I'm loath to bring it up again. Enable hardware sound and if there's a problem, check this forum.

B

Buzz007

put hardware on but lower the KHZ to 11 or 22 and you may have to lower the sound detail too

K

*Kornholio*

I had the same problem - Win XP, SBlive & a whole lotta awful noise... installed the latest sblive drivers from www.sblive.com, reinstalled BF, problem sorted :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom