Sound Bug Still In retail

O

old.Pooky

Its not fixed in the 1.1 retail patch either.

Surprised such a blatent problem wasnt fixed before release.

O

old.Pooky

Theres a problem with the sound where its a loud crackling most of the time, with short periods of normal sound.

Not everyone gets it but is a major problem if you do, people reported it when the first demo came out but they decided to release it before they fixed it.

Which is pretty lame as 90% of the time all I can hear is white noise if I can stand to have the volume on at all.

S

S-Gray

I do get it, but it could be caused by Sound Drivers

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by old.Pooky
Theres a problem with the sound where its a loud crackling most of the time, with short periods of normal sound.

Not everyone gets it but is a major problem if you do, people reported it when the first demo came out but they decided to release it before they fixed it.

Which is pretty lame as 90% of the time all I can hear is white noise if I can stand to have the volume on at all.

Do you have a Soundblaster of some kind?

L

lojik

hmmm well so far I have run the game no problems on 4 different PC's using 4 different soundcards, SB Audigy, SB Live, Sonic Vortex 2 and a SonicFury.. and on 2 Os's, Win 2K and Win ME.

What OS are you using? and the obvious one, what version drivers?

P

PR.

Perhaps they can't recreate the problem?

You saying I get screaching sounds when I play could mean anything.

Also wasn't the game already/very nearly gold when the demo came out hence the reason why the retail patch is the same as the demo patch

C

.Cask

Have they fixed that when you shoot at someone they actually die in retail yet?

Cos if they haven't they aren't getting my cash.

G

Gumbo

I'm putting that down to my connection, 64k isdn, mind you I can blow planes out of the sky alright, it's just other people i have trouble shooting :(

Maybe it's just me being shite then.....

O

old.Pooky

other people have had the same problem

The guns are the same, if your standing still you will miss 50/50 with the sniper rifle against a stationary target. If your lying down its about 70/30.

The AI is abit poor but i guess this game is about multiplayer.

Lamest things so far have been the sound bug and the computer enemy getting a direct hit on me with the bazooka from 100metres away about 10 times now :(. Once while I was crouching and firing at him with teh sniper rifle which missed.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Snipers are meant to be scouts, not shooting except as a last resort. Instead spotting for the artillery to RAIN FIERY DEATH FROM ABOVE.

Ahem

Cask, stop being so rubbish,

Newbie1; You just need to lead

REMEMBER TEH ADVICE!

C

.Cask

I'm such a n00b :(

I shoud listen to Summo more, he knows!.

O

old.Pooky

yes the scout is a artillery range finder, hes also the only scope equipped troop which by default also makes him the sniper.

A sniper with a poor gun or a sniper with no training in firing his gun.

S

Scooba Da Bass

The bar gives you almost as much of a zoom as the sniper, if you must shoot over long range, grab one

U

[UKLans]Khan

Sound Bug Still In retail

Isn't this the problem when you don't turn Hardware accelerated sound option on??

Go into sound config > Page 2 > select the tick box that says hardware acceleration.

That fixed it for me...

Khan

D

Dimebag

System specs

XP 2200+
512MB 2700 DDR ram
Abit kr7a Raid
Gf3 Ti 200
Windows 2000 professional sp2
Dx 8.1 (Game said didnt need an update)

Problem

Game runs like utter dogshit no matter what settings I use. Sound distorts, slows down and game runs very very jolty.

Steps taken

Updated sb live drivers
Got most recent detonators and also tried with others
Messed around with every option and setting in the game to try and help it out, nothing seems to work.

Solution

Suggestions please?

D

Deathwatch

A friend of mine was experiencing both the sound problem and a very low FPS. His system wasn't bad - a dual p3 1ghz (I think) with gf2 ultra and sb live running WinXP.

The fix for the sound problem could be found on the EA boards, altho it wasn't simple:
Go into you battlefield folder. Then settings, then profiles. Choose your profile folder, if you havent created a player in the game it will be player. Inside that folder will be a sound.com file. Open it up, If you read, you will see a square symbol followed by the command, then a number setting the value of the command, then another square symbol to close the command. I changed the values of these commands:
Sound.setDopplerFactor 1 to 0
Sound.setRolloffFactor 1 to 0
Sound.showSoundInfo 0 to 1
Sound.drawSoundObjects 0 to 1
game.setHardware 0 to 1
For his framerate problem, he downgraded his detonator drivers and it suddenly worked really great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom