Soul Calibur V

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Anyone got it? Impressions? Thinking I might dabble a little since I've not played one in years....

Ono

Part of the furniture
Waiting for it to get to £17.99. Looks a bit like every other SC game in recent times.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Waiting for UMVC3 and KoF XIII to get below twenty quid before that.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Fuck it, I was feeling naughty and picked it up in town today anyway. Will give it a bash later.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
First impression:

FUCK OFF FLOOR RAPING YOU CHEATING PIECE OF AI PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT

Nightmare is SO OVERPOWERED it's ridiculous. Takes off 1/2 - 3/4 off health in one move. Takes 3/4 of health off you if you touch the floor because you can't stop the rest of the attacks.

Also wish they'd fuck off with these Sophitia (or whoever was first) clones. Patroklus is a dick and is shit. No idea how cheat character Ivy is still allowed to be in this game either.

Been a long time since I played any SC though and I have no flow at all. But it is fucking RAGE inducing at the moment. FUCK OFF.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I rage easily, don't worry. I'm sure it's fine and I just need to up the starting health for each round to max.

Will play again later in a more.. relaxed frame of mind.

Can I hook up my old DC arcade sticks to PS3? :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Someone make it so then, ffs :D

Played a bit more last night, much less rage worthy once I'd found the new Kilik and got some flow back. Bit weird seeing so many unknowns on the roster though.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The shredder one in the second link is epic.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Oh my. Devil Jin as a fighting style.

Advanced step crazy time!

Syri

FH is my second home
I've been having a play with this, but not dared tread online yet. I like the new story mode, it actually HAS story, not just lame excuses for fights. OK, there are still some really lame excuses for fights, but it's got a lot more behind it now.
The new characters are nice, even though they're pretty much re-hashes of old characters, they've got enough new and different about them to make them interesting, but enough that's familiar to let you jump straight in. It can be a bit frustrating at times, and I'm totally with Wazz in getting annoyed at it sometimes, but you take a break then just want more.
The character creation is a real improvement over the previous game though. I like that they've done away with the stats on the armour, so you can actually choose a look that you like, without realising that you'll be fighting with half your health gone from the start. The amount of modifications you can do now is incredible too, you could spend ages just sat at the character creation, choosing textures, positioning extra bits and such.
Overall, I'd say a big improvement on soul calibur 4. Not the best fighting game going, but a good one none the less, and certainly the best one that lets you beat people up with a big stick/sword/whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom